16 - Decisions

CHAPTER 15 - LETTING GO HAS BEEN MARKED PRIVATE DUE TO WATTPAD'S GUIDELINES. FOLLOW IN ORDER TO READ.

A/N: Imagine my surprise when I wake up this morning to find that my book has over 1.2K views! Thank you all sooo much for sticking around to read Eileen's wonderful yet heart wrenching story. There are many surprises to come, some good some not so good so be sure to stay tuned.

Thank you all so, so much for the support! And shout out to the amazing @AutumnWinters221 for the beautiful cover, you know how grateful I am!

P.S. And to those who have been around since the beginning, thanks so, so much!

Enjoy this lighter chapter!

-Luz

********

Alexander

You know that cliche scene in movies in which the guy wakes up before the woman and they're staring down at the sleeping woman next to them? They are so consumed in watching how peaceful she looks that he doesn't notice the time ticking by and it doesn't bother him?

Well, turns out that shit is cliche for a reason.

Eileen looked peaceful, her face that typically showed constant worry was relaxed. Of course, that was to be expected after the constant workouts we had throughout the night. She'd given herself to me so freely, I could see it in the way that she looked at me. In the way that she called out my name.

I hardened just thinking about it.

I placed a kiss at the tip of her nose, then on her cheeks as her eyes slowly fluttered open. Her lips tilted up to a small smile and I gave her one of my own.

"Good morning Eileen," I whispered.

"Morning Alex." She glanced at the time and sat up abruptly. "I need to check on Angie, I-"

"I already did," I said.

Knowing that she'd probably worry about Angela, I had woken up to check on her. She was still deep asleep in the room across the hall. Eileen seemed to relax and as much as I wanted to have her once again, I knew she must be hungry. She didn't have dinner yesterday after all, so I was determined to feed her something.

I was glad we'd picked up clothes for the both of them the day before. It made it easier for Eileen to spend the day here even when I knew I wouldn't get shit done with work. She was too much of a distraction.

"Get dressed," I told her. "I'll go downstairs and get some breakfast ready."

Eileen nodded, reaching up for a kiss.

After putting on some sweatpants and brushing my teeth, I went downstairs, finding Luke already drinking a cup of coffee. His eyes were bloodshot and he glared at me as soon as he saw me. It was obvious that he was not in a good mood.

"Hey man, you're up early."

"I've been up all fucking night," he muttered angrily. "A warning would have been nice, you know?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, pouring a cup of coffee for myself.

"It's like you were making a fucking porno last night."

I spit out the coffee I had begun drinking. He had better not say that in front of Eileen. Knowing that he had no filter, however, I somehow doubted that he would know to keep his mouth shut.