12

The next few days were going by smoothly and during one of the breaks you were looking over some study notes. Exams were coming up and despite being in class 1-4, you were still nervous. You looked over to your side and noticed Tsukishima a few seats away with his headphones on and his eyes closed. You were jealous that he was so relaxed and didn't have to cram at every free moment. With furrowed eyebrows you directed your attention to your modern Japanese lit notes before two people from another class walked in.

"Hinata? Kageyama?" you whispered silently as they walked over to Tsukishima and began to talk to him. 

You watched as they talked to him though the conversation was very breif and resulted in him putting his headphones back on and the two of them turning to walk away, looking quite annoyed. As they walked, Hinata caughed your eye and his face lit up as he dragged a baffled Kags over to you.

"(L/n)!" he yelled enthusiatically which took you by surprised. He and Kageyama bowed to you. "Would you help us study? Tsukishima is being all stingy again. Stingyshima." he pouted.

"I, uh well I guess-" you started, hesitating though you were cut off as someone stood behind you and began to speak.

"Can't you see she's busy? Go both someone else chibi-chan." Tsukishima. Of course. His tone became teasing towards the end but held some hostility.

"Stingyshima, she can speak for hersel-" Hinata began, with Kageyama nodding besides him.

"I said she's busy, now go."

You shrank back into your seat. "We can some other time Hinata, Kageyama. I'll message you both, alright." you gave them a weak smile.

"Oh! Yeah sure, c'mon Kageyama." Hinata's mood was instantly switched at your offer, though he and Kags both shot Tsukishima a weary look. Once they had left you turned to look at Tsukishima who was leaning on the desk behind you.

"What was that about?" you hissed at him, clearly annoyed, your arms folded over your chest and a pout on your face.

"You were busy, were you not?" he shot you a grin.

"Well yeah, but like I could have helped them." your frowning and pouting ceased though you still looked annoyed.

"Stop trying to help everyone, and stop looking so annoyed, it doesn't suit you." he told you before walking away and leaving you quite speechless and confused. Why was he being so helpful? Why was he being so kind-ish? Why was he being ok? Why did your eyess linger on his figure? And most importantly, why was your heart beating so hard?

**********

The day had come to an end and you were about to head off to your own practice until your phoned buzzed a few times.

GiantMan: practice aint on lol sato is rly ill     15:31

SatoPotato: I'm very ill so have cancelled practice     15:31

With this new information, you decided to go to the boys volleyball practice, so you skipped over to Yamaguchi. "Yamaguchi-kun!" you waved over to him and he smiled at the use of 'kun' blushing slightly. "Tsukishima-san." you said, a little smile on your face. You didn't want to use 'kun' on him as you thought he'd get slightly offended. "Practice was cancelled so I was wondering if I would be allowed to join in or watch you today. Don't want to be bored." you half whined to them.

"You don't usually ask, you just invite yourself in so why would it be any different this time?" Tsukishima asked you as he looked down at you.

"Well I don't usually come on these days due to my own practice so, uh, I just wanted to make sure it was alright." you told him, sort of nervously as your heart rate began to pick up again.