Chapter 11: Unexpected

Chapter 11:  

STILL GOING

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Right now I was having so many doubts. About everything. Coming back here, choosing to become a creature of the night, even all the killings I have done, I have regret gnawing at my head, all I can ask myself is... 

What if?  

What if I hadn\'t become a vampire? 

What if I hadn\'t killed all those people? 

....what if my parents hadn\'t sold themselves? Where would I be? As much as I would love to turn back time to see where I would be at...I cant. From here on out...all I will ever be able to do is ask myself \'what if I hadn\'t done this?\' 

:::VLAD P.O.V::: (yes I had been wanting to do stuff in his P.O.V but this will be a flashback one) 

:::Flashback::: 

\"Hey there.\"  

\"Hello Miss, would you like to join me?\" I was at the tavern looking for a fresh victim.  

\"sure\" the annoying woman giggled. I felt guilt in me taking this woman home with Raven there.  

\"Welcome.\" I whispered in the woman\'s ear. She giggled and dragged me down random hallways. We ended up in the library. One thing led to another and the next thing I knew we were having sex. Wonderful. If Raven catches me, I will die.  

(Raven saw them after he thought and an hour later the slut is dead and disposed of and Vlad leaves to talk to William.)  

\"Hello William.\" 

\"Sir.\" the butler nodded. I had already told him he didn\'t need to be so formal.  

\"Where is Raven?\" Williams plastic smile dropped and he cast his head towards the floor. \"where. Is. She?\" I growled.  

\"she left.\" William said simply.  

\"What!?\" My voice roared out. The maids dropped what they were doing in shock. Never had I shown such concern for a fledgling.  

\"Sir, she shared nothing with me about where she was going or why, she just said to tell you there is a note on her bed addressed to you.\" I raced from the kitchen towards her bedroom. I saw the closet empty and everything cleaned and made up. My eyes scanned the bed to see a cream colored paper with my name in red written on it. I grasped the note tightly and let a tear slide from my eye when I read what the note said.  

\'Vlad,  

I need not cause you more trouble, it has been a fairly enjoyable time here. Thank you for providing me with a roof over my head and warm bed, along with plenty of food. But sadly, your words meant nothing, everything you had ever promised meant nothing. I could care less now. Goodbye Vlad.\'  

I took the letter and walked downstairs towards the roaring fire in the living room. Tossing the note in the fire, I dropped onto my chair.  

\"William.\"  

\"Yes Sir? What did the note read?\" 

\"Raven has left me. She seemed to think that she was causing me trouble and that my promises and words meant nothing.\"  

\"Sir, what did you do to make her react that way.\" 

\"I think she caught me.\" I kept murmuring this over and over...but why? Why didn\'t she just confront me?! 

\"sir! What did you do!?\" William lightly shook me, snapping me out of my daze.  

\"I...I had sex with some tavern whore and....it was only to feed from her William! Raven saw us and got the wrong idea.\" William gave me a skeptic look and shook his head sadly.  

\"sir, if I may ask, when did you feel the need to...participate in such acts to feed?\"  

\"I didn\'t. It was because Raven refused me so much that I think I snapped.\"  

\"Vlad, my old friend, you haven\'t always had the right judgment. How do you truly feel about Raven?\" William asked me, a serious look masked his worry.  

\"I...I love her.\" William looked completely shocked. Never had I loved anyone the way I love her. My brides...were concubines, something to stop me from dwelling in the past. When Raven came around, my frozen heart completely melted on the spot. When she first saw me, she didn\'t even cast a second glance, then I knew she was special, anywhere I go, women throw themselves at my feet. (not to sound cocky but annoyed.)  

\'What...you really care for her don\'t you?\" William asked with his eyebrow raised.  

\"William, I don\'t think I have love anyone like I love her. I don\'t think anyone has loved her as much as I do!\"  

\"Then you need to go after her.\" 

\"But William, I don know where the hell she is. She could be in America by now!\" Knowing how cunning Raven can be, she is probably out of Romania by now.  

\"then we will wait for her. She may hold a grudge for a long while, but eventually she will have to let her walls break down.\"  

\"I don\'t know William. It will be long before that happens. I guess we will just have to wait it out. For now, I must retire.\"  

\"Goodnight sir.\"  

:::flashback over::: 

And that was all I could really remember. She was gone and I had and felt nothing. But now. Here Raven sits, so close to me that I could wrap my arms around her and keep her here. But being away for so long having to put up with God knows what, well I don\'t know how she will react to anything anymore.  

\"Oh Vlad?\" I heard her musical voice ask.  

\"yes?\" 

\"Die.\"