Chapter Nine- Nine in The Afternoon

A/N- AT FIRST I DIDN'T INTEND THE CHAPTER TO WORK SO WELL WITH THE SONG NAME. S O B B I N G.

Dallon sat on the couch in Brendon's apartment, messing around with his bass in an attempt to replace the strings. He almost fell off the couch was the front door swung open and slammed shut.
"Brendon what-"
"Where's my lighter?" Brendon asked, digging through the kitchen drawers.
"Right here." Dallon picked up the lighter from the coffee table, throwing it in Brendon's direction.
"Thanks, Dal." Brendon caught the lighter, flinging himself onto the couch next to Dallon.
"No problem, Bren."
"Don't call me that."
"But you just-" Dallon looked over at Brendon, "Is that weed?"
"Yeah." Brendon nodded, carefully rolling a joint.
"Is it legal?" Dallon questioned Brendon, eyebrow raised.
"Dunno." Urie shrugged, placing the joint in his mouth and lighting it.
"You don't know if it's legal?"
"Mmm not really." Brendon shrugged, holding the joint between his fingers and exhaling smoke.
"Are you sure you should-"
"Oh my god are you my dad or something?" Brendon laughs, "Loosen up a little."
Dallon folded his arms, leaning back on the couch "And you're doing so by getting stoned?"
"Duh. Here," Brendon shoved the joint in Dallon's face, "take a hit."
"I don't-"
"Just chill for once, Dallon." Brendon insisted.
"One hit." Dallon took the joint from Brendon, immediately choking on the smoke.
Brendon laughed, taking back the joint, picking up the ash tray from the table setting the still smoking weed in it.
"You okay, bud?" Brendon snickered, patting Dallon on the back.
"Water." Dallon coughed.
"Got it." Brendon grabbed a glass of water from the side table, handing it to Dallon who greedily pried it from Brendon.
Dallon took a long drink from the glass, spitting it back in, "That's not water! Not water!"
"Oh fuck." Brendon bursted into heavy laughs, falling back onto the couch.
"Brendon!" Dallon hissed, wiping his tongue off on his shirt.
"I'm sorry I just- I-" Brendon wheezed, throwing an arm around Dallon, "Holy shit-"
Dallon scowled at Brendon for a minute, "I guess that was pretty funny."
"Funny? Funny! That was pure comedy-fucking-gold! I'm crying-" Brendon laughed hysterically into Dallon's shoulder.
Dallon chuckled, "What is that laugh?" And somehow that made Brendon laugh even harder, "I don't know!"
"Hoo boy..." Brendon breathed heavily, patting Dallon's shoulder and wiping away tears.
"You are an actual idiot." Dallon smiled, looked at Brendon, brushing a strand of hair out of his face.
"You think I don't know that?" He pushed Dallon's hand away, fixing his own hair, "It's obvious, Dal."
"Just thought I'd let you know." Dallon stuck out his tongue.
"What the hell was that? What are you, fifteen?" Brendon squinted at the taller one.
"Sometimes I wish I was. And I didn't have to deal with taxes and stuff." Dallon reminisced briefly.
"I might be an idiot, but you," Brendon poked Dallon's arm, "You're a loser."
"A cool loser." Dallon defended.
"If that helps you sleep at night, Dally." Brendon glanced at Dallon.
"Thanks, Bren. Can I call you that now?"
"Um. Yeah- Yeah sure. Why not." Brendon messed with his hands, looking down at them. His hands quickly covered by Dallon's and Brendon looked up.
"Shit he's close." Brendon blinked at Dallon for a second, "Hi..."
"Hello." Dallon softly smiled, moving barely further.

Who kissed who was a mystery. Maybe it was Dallon. Maybe it was Brendon.
But this kiss was different. It wasn't spiteful and lustful like that had been before.
Brendon actually felt safe and comfortable, his lips against Dallon's, it was almost like-
Brendon pulled away abruptly.
"I um- I actually have to uh- go get something from S- Spencer. And... Yeah." Brendon stood up. Dallon's face was a mix of confusion, worry and disappointment.
"Okay... I'll see you later."
"Yeah. Bye." Brendon hurried out, frustrated to no end.

"You could, so you can, so you do."

A/N- AND YOU THOUGHT THIS CHAPTER WOULD JUST BE ABOUT WEED G E T F U C K ED