Chapter Fifteen- Northern Downpour

"If all our life is but a dream. Fantastic posing greed."

"Brendon." Dallon said boldly, "I have something to tell you. A-And it's a very important thing, mind you. We've been together for two years now, and I've got to know you better than anyone. And you've always been there when I really needed you. Sure, we've had our downs, but who hasn't, right? Brendon, I love everything about you. Your personality, your smile, the way you hold my hand when we walk to the studio, I love when you sing, you're really talented and I'll admit, I might be jealous of it sometime, but that's not the point. The point I'm trying to make is that I have something to ask you," Dallon took a deep breath, "Brendon Boyd Urie, will you marry me?"

"No." Spencer said, taking a sip of water from his glass. "Oh come on! How do you expect me to do this for real when even you keep rejecting me?" Dallon paced the room. "You've gotta be prepared for anything tonight, Dallon!" Spencer clapped in between words, "And besides, the speech is repetitive and Brendon's going end up asleep at the end of that. Just get to the point, he'll say yes." "But you were just saying that I need to be prepared for anything-" "Not important. Do you even have the ring?" Spencer asked, watching Dallon stand silently, "You don't even have the ring yet." "I was going to," Dallon waved his hands around animatedly "Today."

"The date is at five! It's three now! I suggest you get your tall ass going before you're late." Spencer sighed. "He doesn't know about the date yet either." Dallon mumbled, "Text him and get going!"

"Alright! Alright I'm going!" Dallon hopped around, shoving his foot into a shoe. "Hurry Dallon! Hurry!" Smith threw the other shoe at Dallon.

Dallon rushed out, Spencer bursting into laughter, "Brendon's one lucky guy." He mumbled looked down at his phone.

Brendon leaned against hallway wall, sliding down slowly, 'Dallon wants to marry me?'

>>>

"Then we should feed our jewelry to the sea, for diamonds do appear to be, just like broken glass to me"  

Dallon nervously walked into the jeweler, tugging on the collar of his sweater. An older man approached him, dressed in suit and tie. "Hello sir, how can I help you?" "Um I'm looking for a-a..." Dallon thickly swallowed, "An engagement ring? Wedding ring... I don't know what I'm doing, really." 

"Planning to propose, eh? Well what kind of person is she?" The man asked, guiding Dallon over to a counter, under the glass were glimmering diamond covered rings. "He's- Actually..." Dallon mumbled, looking at his feet.

"Oh- Um... Let's try over here then..." The man hesitantly took Dallon to another counter. "What were you looking for exactly?"

"Something simple." Dallon glanced over the rings, "How about that one?" He pressed a finger to the glass.

"Excellent choice."

>>>

  "I know the world's a broken bone, but melt your headaches, call it home."  

The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was just gone. Brendon paused trying to hold back the strange feelings rumbling inside him but he couldn't. A lone tear traced down Urie's cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. So many tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down his face. His chin trembled as if he was a small child. Brendon breathed heavier than he ever had before, gasping for air that simply wasn't there. His throat burned forming a silent scream. Is this what crying felt like? A part of him felt like it was dying inside.