From Bad to Worse

Clay ran out of the hospital with Lance chasing after him. Lance had his phone out as he ran after Clay; trying to type and tell Izzy what was happening. Clay made it to his vehicle, climbed in and started it.

"Lance, get in here; now!" He ordered the white knight.

"Okay; don't rush me, Rushman!" Lance grunted as he climbed into the vehicle.

"We have to find Jestro before Monstrox does! There's no time to waste!"

As soon as Lance was seated in the vehicle, Clay hit the accelerator; making a dash away from the hospital. Jestro could not have gotten far. But he was probably running for his life with Monstrox chasing after him. Clay knew that backup was required.

"Lance! Call Merlok and the Knights and tell them we need help!" Clay quickly ordered as he looked for any sign of Jestro or Monstrox.

Lance quickly took out his phone and called Merlok first; thinking the digital wizard would send out the message quickly if he was told first. Lance tapped his finger against the side car as waited for Merlok to answer.

"...Hello?" Lance heard a familiar voice with a yawn.

"Hey, Merlok; it's me, Lance." Lance tried to sound calm as he spoke to the digital wizard over the sound of the wind rushing against him. "So, Clay wanted me to tell you to tell the others that we have a problem."

"What kind of problem?"

Lance cleared his throat as he struggled to answer.

"Jestro ran away from the hospital." He answered awkwardly.

Clay could hear Merlok asking worried and scared questions with Lance telling him what happened. But Clay slowed his vehicle down as he felt a tight Vice like pain in his head. Lance looked towards Clay and raised a brow in concern.

"You alright, Clay?" He asked as the vehicle stopped.

Clay made a discomforted grunt as he felt the sudden migraine; closing his eyes from the pain. But as Clay kept his eyes closed, he saw something appear in his mind. He went silent as he saw the point of view of someone who was running through a forest of trees. The person running kept looking back towards a fence with a schoolyard behind it. But a monstrous shadow was following them; making them scream and shout go away and leave me alone. Clay opened his eyes as the vision faded and his migraine disappeared with it. The blue knight quickly turned to Lance.

"Tell Merlok to gather the others and meet us at the academy!" He ordered.

Lance was not sure what just happened to Clay, but he followed orders and told Merlok to gather the others and hurry to the Knights academy. Clay sped through the road until they made it to the academy; coming to a complete stop near the gates. Clay quickly jumped out of the vehicle as he looked up at the academy; noticing that several lights were on in some of the windows. Lights out would usually be around this time. The blue knight saw Principal Brickland running towards the gates in a hurry.

"Sir Brickland! Thank goodness you're here!" Clay spoke in hurrying relief as he went over to the gates.

"I was just about to call you, Moorington." Principal Brickland replied as he opened the gates. "Students are running to my office and saying that they keep hearing screams coming from the forest behind the field. Some of them even said it sounded like someone in distress."

"That's probably Jestro." Lance casually assumed as he climbed out of Clays vehicle.

Principal Brickland raised an eyebrow and blinked at the pair.