Chapter 29

Jay

Me and Bey looked between each other in nervousness for what was about to come. Topan was making it sound like shit was about to go down up in here.

"We have...dug up both of your pasts,"he revealed.

"Why?"I frowned.

"To make sure that there is transparency between the two of you. How can you move forward when there are deep secrets pulling you back?"

"So what does this mean we're going to do?"Bey inquired.

"Who wants to go first?"Topan asked. I looked at Bey and she slowly shook her head but surprisingly spoke up.

"I'll go first,"she offered. Topan made a gesture to the door and a girl who looked EXACTLY like Bey walked in. (Girl above)

"I'm sorry but who is this? I gotta twin all of a sudden?!"Bey eyes popped out.

"No, this is not your twin. You may begin,"he looked at the doppelgänger.

"Hey,"she sounded just like Bey. With her thick, southern belle accent. "My name's Beyoncé and I'm from Houston, Texas. My mom is from Louisiana, my dad is from Alabama and I have a younger sister and nephew. You see, when I was growing up, I was spoilt. I was used to getting what I wanted whenever I wanted. I was the princess, along with my sister and cousin. That was until I caught my dad fucking the maid,"she put her hands on her hips. Man, she could be an actress because she was putting on the full Beyoncé mood.

"I was young, naïve and had such an innocent mind. Rosa was my mother figure and now she was...my dad's mistress? I wanted to tell my mom because even though she was rarely there she deserved to know the reason Rosa got extra money. Obviously my dad wasn't having it, so he swore that if I told her she'd leave us and I'd have to find somewhere else to go. I didn't take him seriously so I tried to tell her but he walked in. He sent all the maids, servants and my mom away on some little holiday to Bora Bora. He took this as his opportunity to beat the living shit out of me day and night and to finish it off he locked me in the basement for two days. In case you didn't know I was 13 years old. Most of the scarring is gone but the ones left aren't that obvious anymore. But they were obvious when my mom came back. Rosalinda was concerned and she was angry too but Mama Knowles wasn't phased,"I took a moment to look at Bey who had tears rushing down her face. I scooted closer to her and put my arm around her to rub her back. "I wasn't stupid back then. I knew something was up with her and listening in on their conversations in his home office I realised that she knew all along and it was planned for me to be treated that way. Dad had already told mom that I'd conducted this story out of thin air that he was cheating on her and she actually believed him that I was lying. She agreed that it was best I was 'taught not to lie',"the look a like scoffed. "Can you believe that? My own parents allowed me to be beaten and locked away like a criminal. After I heard that conversation I became angrier towards everyone. The only reason why I actually took a step back and checked myself was because I knew that I'd end up just like my parents- bitter and spiteful about everything. Things were going well for me for a while, and Rosalinda was basically my mom now, until I found out that this 'cousin' I'd had all this time was actually my half-sister. At that point I wasn't bothered that he made a baby outside their marriage but I was angry that me and my sister Solange were lied to. We deserved to know the truth about the Now oldest sibling. Heather left home when she was 17 because she just didn't want to be the 'secret love child' anymore. I wasn't bothered because I was going to leave too. I had a new bae- Kionte. He was everything to me and I absolutely loved him. Nothing could separate us until that one fateful night. Kionte was involved in some serious gang shit that I'd told him to get out of. I made him promise and he did seem sincere because he called them in my presence and told them he was done. We were on our way to the cinemas and cut through this alleyway to get there quicker. Halfway through the gang showed up and blocked our way. We turned around only to see the other half of the gang right behind us. I feared for my life. I didn't know what to do now because it was either I made it out safe without Kionte or I took some of the pain. I'd been through enough pain already but both me and Kionte were beaten to the pulp that notable, nebulous night. Things were so well between me and Kionte and this puppy love had me believing he wasn't the one to blame for all of this. To this day I still don't know if he really dropped out of the gang because over the years I've had my doubts whenever I go back to that night I was put in hospital for two weeks. Those guys had no mercy on us, on me. I'd done nothing wrong but I guess that's what happens when you're the girlfriend of a notorious gang member."

"Do we need to carry on? I don't like seeing her like this,"I asked Topan. Bey was shaking in her white crop top and shorts. It was like it was -9 degrees the way she was shaking.

"This session will benefit the both of you, believe me,"Topan assured me.

"I got out of hospital and finished high school. My plan was to go to college in Cali which I did go to because I wanted to get away from my family as far as possible. I didn't want to leave Solange on her own but I knew I had my cousins Angie, Kelly and Rosalinda to look out for her, not to mention my girl Chelsea. Anyways, I got to Cali and instead of being all books, books, books I was books, books, Eddie James."

"What?"I turned to Bey with eyes larger than a saucepan. "You and Eddie?"I confirmed. Slowly she nodded her head still not looking at me. "Why didn't you say anything to me?"

"Oh, there's a lot of history between Beyoncé Knowles and Eddie James. For one, he was the son of the principal of my college. He was always around and one thing he did enjoy was the attention from the girls. We did hit it off at first as just friends with him helping me settle into the college life. The more time we spent together the closer we got and we ended up having a relationship within seven months. Five months in and we'd had sex. I thought I could start over again and have someone to protect me unlike Kionte. Everything was so dandy and sweet but I had no idea I was in for a a treat. Things just went downhill from there. It was 30% love and 70% fighting. Our fights were going through the walls- like literally because he'd punch a damn wall every single time. I wasn't too innocent too because I would throw shit his way but there's a particular fight I can remember. I would've dropped him a long time ago but he was all I had in Cali. By this time I'd moved into his place right next to the college. He came back home from work loud and drunk, accusing me of sleeping with his dad. Words were exchanged and he told me I'd be nothing more than my mom. I went crazy and started hitting him. He didn't back down and we were throwing blows left, right, centre. What I didn't realise is that he had a gun on him for 'protection'. We fought for this gun- I didn't want his drunk self to have it and he didn't want it in my crazy ass' possession. The gun went off and I was shot in the belly. That was the sudden end of my pregnancy with his baby,"I hung my head low trying to imagine Beyoncé in this situation. She was wild at times but she was an angel deep down and I couldn't stomach her going through something like this at all.

"Eddie didn't know about the baby until I told him I was pressing charges the next day. He ran off to where I now know was New York. His father also threatened me that if I told anything to the police then I'd be dropped from the college. I had no other choice but to keep quiet and carry on with my education. Once I graduated I decided to move to LA and start my fashion career. Of course my parents had to show up with a new secret. From my dad's side of the family I was left money if I was married before a certain age. I did go back to Houston, especially to help my sister. When I realised that apart from my sister who was going to go off to college soon there was nothing in Houston for me anymore. That's when my cousin Angie told me of a man in New York who could be my potential way to this sum. Now I'm in a marriage boot camp trying to save my fake marriage,"the doppelgänger finished before walking out the room.

~~~~~~~
Author's Notes:

On the 3rd Day Of Christmas Bey's life was revealed😱

1)Is Bey's story different to what you thought it was like?

2)What's surprised you the most?

3)Will Jay's story be this traumatic?

I did think of doing both of their stories together but writing Bey's I decided that it was better to do it in two parts so the next chapter will specifically be for Jay's past.

Share this book🤝

Vote&Comment⭐️💬

Lemme know what u think💭

Love&Peace,

ChocolateBaby_X👩🏾