Chapter 40

Beyoncé

I walked into Roc-A-Fella greeting Rih, Pharrell and Ye on my way to Jay's office. He wasn't here but I was looking for something and seeing as I couldn't find it at home then it must've been here. I seldom went into his office because Jay was seldom here himself.

I started on his desk which was neatly arranged, probably by Angie. It wasn't here so I looked between the books on his shelf. Nothing. My next guess was the plant by the window but there was nothing to be seen. I took a deep breath and carefully looked around the office. I glared at the big painting of Brooklyn and the painting of the most admired hip hop artists next to it. I checked behind the Brooklyn painting but there was nothing so I checked behind the other. There was a cream fold which blended into the wall and a key hole. Now another thing was added onto my list because I didn't know where the key was.

"Bitch I need me a break,"I mumbled to myself and opened the mini fridge to grab myself a snack. I closed the fridge and sat on Jay's black, leather office chair that made me feel like the boss I am. I kicked my heels off, one accidentally hitting the coffee pot and knocking it off the table. "Shit,"I hissed. I jumped up and began clearing the stained coffee beans off the carpet when I spotted a gold key. "Beyoncé Giselle Knowles you belong in the CIA,"I smiled to myself picking it up and putting it in my pocket. I finished clearing the mess and ran to the wall. With the gold key I unlocked it and the lid came off revealing a safe. The pin was six digits long. I wasn't stupid; the pin must've been something barely anybody knew.

"Hmmm..."I tapped my chin. After about three tries I still hadn't got it. That's when I thought...YaYa's birthday!

"04..07..69,"I memorised the date that Jay told me. Most knew when she died but not the date of her birth. The light turned green and I opened the safe. There- what I'd been looking for.

I stuffed it in my pocket and picked up the remaining thing in the safe which was a CD. Using the MacBook on Jay's desk I placed the CD inside and played it. I bursted out laughing and was in stitches all the way through, even though the end made heart fill with love. took out the CD, put it in my bag and returned everything to its normal place; I'd just have to buy him a new coffee machine.

I didn't know if I was meant to be angry, only because we'd just got on track. For sure I was going to confront him about it but my reaction depended on his.

I quietly closed his door and was on my way to the lift when I heard familiar voices.

"I've got Jay right where I want him,"Soraya's all-too-familiar voice lowly said though I could hear her well enough.

"Girl how?"one I didn't recognise spoke but I was soon to learn who it was.

"This right here Becky is exactly what I've been waiting to use,"Soraya laughed.

"What is it?"I frowned and inches closer to the door.

"Just a memoir of mine and Jay's escapades,"I could see the smug look of the hoe's face. This was why neither of us should've messed around with other people. Soraya could sell this to the media and I couldn't live with that.

"Bitch you did not make a sex tape with him! Does Jay know you got it?"

"Babygirl he will tomorrow at court. Just when everyone is backing Jay and talking smack about how he's 'such a good dad for Tamika' Imma play this shit for everyone to see. Heather already knows about it and she's down. Let's see if Mr and Mrs Carter get through this shit,"Soraya and Becky laughed together like a pair of witches.

Jay hadn't made the smartest decisions but he gave Soraya a mean of income and they weren't about to do my man like that.

Ye was wondering around when I caught his attention.

"Wassup Be-"

"SSSHHHH!"i put my finger to my lips.

"What you doing?"he whispered.

"I need you to get Soraya and Becky out of the studio."

"Why?"

"Just do it and I'll make sure you're the best man whenever me and Jay get married,"he smiled and nodded.

"I got you Bey,"he smirked. I hid by the elevator as Kanye did his magic.

He brought out his phone and pretended to be on call to someone.

"I told you you ain't shit!"he started yelling. "How you gon' do like that huh? All that surgery and you can't do simple shit like this?!...d-don't yell back at me! Do you know who I am?! Yeezus, bitch!"Soraya and the other dusty looking one came out the studio.

"Kanye what the hell is wrong with you?"Soraya looked him up and down.

"You know what? Fuck you! And your goldfish!"Kanye put his phone back into his pocket. "Soraya and..."

"Becky,"she answered.

"Y'all don't look too bad. I got a job for you."

"Does it look like I need a job?"Soraya folded her arms. I could run up on this bitch and yank out her nappy weave. Just the sight of her had me fucked up.

"You will when Jay eventually fires you,"Kanye chuckled. "I need two beautiful women to model my clothes for me downstairs so I can see what the look like. I mean, you're women at least, so let's go,"I bit my lip trying to not scream at Kanye's rudeness.

"Fuck you."

"I'm sure you'd like to. There's a free club entry for both of you if you help me now,"Kanye bribed them.

"Alright but I don't wanna hear no more of that shit you talking,"Soraya and Becky walked out without their bags.

"Whatever,"Kanye looked over to me and gave me the thumbs up. I mouthed 'thank you' to him. "Why y'all going to the lift? It's broken,"he lied.

"No it isn't. I used it this morning,"Soraya rolled her eyes.

"Ever heard of the saying 'here today, gone tomorrow'? It's broken sweetheart. The stairs are this way,"I exhaled because what I was just about to do wouldn't work if they saw me.

I waited for them to take the stairs down before I hurriedly entered the studio. The CD was visibly inside one of their bags, half in half out. I got the CD out of mine and switched them round before slipping out like it was nothing.