Chapter 9

Electricity ran through my fingers as I grabbed the handles of the bike. 

"It's been so long. The last time I rode a bike was last summer, and Damon's bike is metal trash compared to this babe here"

"Who is Damon?", he growled.

"My cousin, what's with all the growling anyway?  Now are you just gonna stand there or are you going to sit behind me?"

He sat down muttering something that I didn't even bother to hear.

"Where are we headed?", I asked.

"Book store. I have to get some gift wrap. It's Stacie's birthday tomorrow, so..."

"Oh, is it? Does she still like reading? I can get her a book for tomorrow. "

"You don't have to get her anything. "

"I want to, cause she , unlike you, is still my friend", I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Anything I can do to make myself your friend then?"

"Stop behaving like an asshat, then we'll see. "

After a mind blowing ride upto the book store,  we got off the bike and made our way to inside.

"Hey Izzy, for the record, she likes romance books. "

"Okiedokie.  What did you get her?"

"Some latest apple shit."

"IPhone X? " I gasped. 

"Yeah, I think that was the name."

With that , he turned towards the gift wrap section. 

Fifteen minutes had passed but I was still undecided about what book to get her when he came back and leaned against the shelf.

"Hey, what would she prefer, highschool drama or werewolf ChickLit? "

Smirking like he knew some top secret, he said, "Definitely Werewolf ChickLit "