Chapter 6

"ISABELLA JADE IVY, GET YOUR ARSE UP THIS INSTANT OR I'LL COME UP THERE AND YOU KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES WON'T BE FAVOURABLE TO YOU."

And with that I was up on my feet. It was just 10 am, practically dawn. As I clambered down the stairs groggily, my mum hurled her kitchen towel at me saying,"Ivys don't mop over stupid boys who do not deserve you. Get over it. This isn't the end of your life woman!"

As if on queue the doorbell rang. I went and opened the door to see a large bouquet of pink roses on the doorstep. That's when my phone rang.

"Hey cupcake, I am super sorry for yesterday. I hope you aren't too upset with me. I am extremely sorry. I cried myself to sleep last night. If I haven't already lost the most precious person in my life, can I make it up to her with an ice cream date this afternoon and all amazing things for as long as we are together, possibly forever ?"

As if I could say no to that. When Nate came to pick me up , my mum shouted at him from the kitchen, saying, "You are invited to dinner on Tuesday. Make sure you come unless you want to be neutered!"

Laughing, Nathan asked,"Is she usually this... ah...."

"Violent? Nope. Father and she had a disagreement over some issue involving the family. Security cameras or something.. She is just pissed off at him.'

"Oh."

The rest of the way passed in silence, but it wasn't comfortable, it was awkward .

When we reached the ice cream parlour, Nathan to get ice cream. He came back with a vanilla ice cream and was I seeing  berry rush for me?

"Um, Nat, I detest that flavour"

"What? but didn't you take it last time we came here? I asked Lee, the guy at the parlour, too!"

"But Lee, the guy at the parlour couldn't possibly know that I  took it coz it was a new edition , or that, I gagged on tasting the flavour or that I usually take chocolate chip and love it?"

"Alright, alright, I will get you a chocolate chip ice cream."

At that moment I realised that my infatuation for Nathaniel Walker was cracking at the ends and was probably making way for reality.