Chp. sixteen

I was looking out of the window as the road rolled on before me.

"You know, you can cry on my leather seats. I swear I won't sue."

I laughed at Eugene's pathetic attempt at humour .

"Just because I made an arrow reference doesn't mean you have to make a justice league one..."

"Hey, you can't blame me for trying..."

"But, seriously, tell me the truth, isn't your inner self... wolf.... rejoicing right know?"

"Break dancing, actually, but wolves are stupid like that and ouch"

"What happened?"

"Nothing, the bloke called me a party pooper and cut off our connection"

Exactly why I love Niger more than Eugene

"Who is Niger?" Ugh, I said that aloud!

"How do you know His name?"

"Uh...Um you just said it?"

"Oh. Niger is my wolf. You know, it's Latin for black."

"Yeah."

"So, aren't you like , supposed to be crying?"

"Maybe, but i don't feel hurt. It feels like he stamped all over my self respect, not my heart. It's just that we weren't-"

"-meant to be?"

"Yes, but that is exactly the problem, isn't it. You and I are. He cheated on me physically. i cheated on him emotionally. Who has the bigger crimes here?"

There was a pregnant pause as he applied the breaks and I stepped out. he followed suit to walk me to my door.

He stopped and was about to say goodbye when something came over me and I rushed forward grabbing his collar, and kissed him like there was no tomorrow.

It seemed like we would never stop, but then I heard a loud "EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" and pulled apart.

But he still kept his arm around my waist.

"Um, hi mom...."

"Oh my God yes! My babies have grown up."

"I am not getting married or something mom!"

"We will, someday, but not this year." said Eugene.

That just made mom go cuckoo.

"Seriously, did you have to Euges ?"

"Oh my god, what are we going to name the grand babies?"

"Hey Euges, do you have, like the mental asylum number or something?"

"Sorry baby, i wish I was paying attention while they gave us those."

"You did not just call me crazy! You miss, you are grounded for a month-" "MOOOM" "-except for dates with this guy. Oh and, we have to got home next weekend. Eugene, you are coming with us. I am sure Arthur will be pleased to meet our daughter's boyfriend."

"Mom, remember Nathaniel, even he was my boyfriend."

"Yes, but your father wouldn't have been too pleased to meet him."

Saying that, she went into the house, leaving behind a smirking Eugene.

He kissed me on my cheek, saying, "Goodbye princess. See you tomorrow. And as you did not deny that I was your boyfriend -" he swooped in, placing his lips on mine. Well, needless to say we just kept on making out till mom's voice drifted to us.

"I do want grand babies, but it is a bit cold out there, you know."