Chapter two

Eugene Knight, one of my best friends in grade school

Eugene Knight, one of my best friends in grade school. He was a cute nerdy kid back then. But one glance at him now and the only word that comes to my mind is hot. Eugene and his cousins left after grade school and were home tutored, that was, until now.

Eugene seemed to sniff the air, then looked around cautiously, and  as his dark orbs caught mine, his eyes bulged and he swiftly looked away. Weird!?

"Hey cupcake"  said a voice from behind.

Of course it was the tall, blonde, blue eyed, dream guy, aka my crush, Nathaniel Walker.

" Hey Nate!" I said, my face brightening with a smile and warming with a pink tinge. Even though Nate and I had been on quite a few utterly romantic dates, my face never failed to go red on seeing him.

"Can I walk you to class?"

"Sure, why not!"

As we both entered  the Physics laboratory, I saw Eugene's cousins sitting there, giving me a once over. Then they smiled. I waved at them, and they waved back, except of course the high and mighty knight himself. He just gave me and Nathan  the stink eye and averted his gaze.

As the teacher asked the new kids to introduce themselves, he also asked them  if they had found any old friends from grade school. Eugene blurted out " Betie, William and Kayne"the names of  our old common friends, in his new, post adolescence, strong, authorative and make-my-knees-weak hot voice and then added " Veronica too." in response to the school slut waving her hands frantically.  His eyes paused at me, then he looked away, and I felt my eyes stinging. After the wonderful childhood memories that we shared? But no, you think I'll weep, no I'll not weep. I have full cause of weeping, but this heart shall break into a thousand flaws or ere I'll weep.

Ugh ,  Isabella Ivy, you are officially a drama queen.

Nathan and I were lab partners, so he  made me giggle over his stupid puns and pick up lines while working. But I couldn't help look at that guy with the curly brown locks who goes by the name Eugene as he concentrated on his vernier calliper as though with forceful determination. And to think that I believed he had a crush on me in fourth grade.I am a nobody compared to his good looks. But he used to follow me around in those days, helping me whenever  I needed help and stuff. To be honest, I  loved being around him as kids. But I guess he has gone all Elsa with 'the past is in the past'. Suit himself, it's his loss cause he just lost the chance of remaining / becoming friends with an amazing person.

'Good speech, but stop thinking like a bipolar ', my inner voice, who I fondly refer to as Ivory,  said to me. Oh and the  'Ivory' name thing,, it's been existing since I was fifteen, don't even ask me  why .  I am just weird like that.

Trrrriiiiiiinnnnngg. The bell just rang for lunch.

A/N Nathaniel has been referred to as both Nate and Nathan as both are his pet names.