Chapter 5

As I weave my way through the sweaty dancing bodies that reeked of alcohol I looked around for Janice, my BFF. 

It was one o'clock in the night and sure, my time limit was till 11pm, but nobody said I was a good girl. And I don't drink, so my mum is pretty chill about it.

Giving up, I start dancing with this guy I believe is from the other school in town. 

We are dancing in a dimly lit corner of the the party, when he starts kissing my cheeks roughly, holding my face so hard that it hurts, as he breathes down at me, his breath smelling heavily of alcohol.

I try to push him off, but it only makes him hold me harder, I try to scream, but no sound escapes me when a blow suddenly hits my assaulter. 

And then Eugene is pounding that guy like crazy.

In an attempt to stop him I put my hand on his shoulder and he immediately calms down.

Turning around he grabs my hand and pulls me out the door, into the shotgun seat of his car.

"We need to get you home. What were you thinking, coming here alone?  Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

"I wasn't alone, but I lost my friend to the crowd. I am fine. I just need a shower to clean myself."

"Hey, it wasn't your fault."

"Not my fault? I stopped Nate kissing me, then I came to the party to drown my grief, then this happened. obviously it is my fault."

"Nathaniel doesn't deserve you if he doesn't respect your need for time.And that mutt there, he deserves death, and that was what he would have got if you didn't stop me. Don't beat yourself down because of this. It shatters my heart to see you like this."

"Seriously? I don't think you would care any less if a bus ran over me."

"Of course I would care Izzy, I care about you more than you can imagine."

"So Izzy, is it now?And what is up with you ? Why do you blow hot and cold all day long Eugene Christopher Knight?"

"I can't tell you that, partially because I don't know myself", he says, stepping on the breaks. 

Looking around, I notice we have reached home. Irritated, I get out of the car, saying, "Sure, keep it to yourself then. Bug out"

And get into the house. After reaching up to my room, I sprawl out on the bed. I here a long howl from close by and my eyes shut, as I feel myself drifting into a calm, deep sleep, all thoughts of having a cleansing shower long gone from my mind.

《      A/n   Hmmm, so whaat'sup with these two? Any ideas? Trish, if you answer, I will make mince meat out of you 》