Chapter fourteen

THUD.

The ice-cream tub in my hand clattered to the floor.

"Say what? But how can this- okay, I agree I was jealous and all- but.. but- I mean- ugh- and and I have a boyfriend which......OH MY GOSH I HAVE A BOYFRIEND AND HE HAS FEVER AND I PRACTICALLY FORGOT ABOUT HIM THE WHOLE DAY AND EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU I SHOULD NOT PURSUE IT UNTIL I RESPECTFULLY BREAK UP WITH HIM CAUSE.... OH MY GOSH, DID I JUST SAY THAT I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU? I SHOULD STOP MY FELICITYING NOW, IN 1, 2, 3. OK."

"You have a crush on me? Wait. Did you just make an 'Arrow' reference?"

My face lit up with a fond smile. "Oliver Queen is my one true love"

"Is not." He growled.

"Um, Eugene, he is a fictional character?"

"Uh, oh yeah. Wait, that Nathaniel needs to get a break up, right?"

"Wow wow wow, don't push it lover boy. You know, I am not such a beleiver of destiny and all that shit, so this," I said pointing between us," needs time. At the moment I just want my best friend's car keys so that I can go and check on my ill and estranged boyfriend."

I saw him flinch at that, but I couldn't help it. I can't let some misplaced sense of 'destiny' lead me, and he still has to go a bit further to actually redeem himself from what he did to me on returning.

"Okay then. I will drive you there. I cannot trust my Porshe in your hands."

"Fine. let's go."