Injuries, Not All Physical

Will sat next to me on my bed, wrapping my hand. I couldn't look at it.

Most of my skin had practically melted off, but Will told me he would try his best to fix it.

I took another swig of nectar. It reminded me of  y/f/f, a delicacy I missed.

"My hand...do you know if...if I'll ever be able to arch again?" I asked, trying to silently sit through the pain.

"I think so. I don't mean to alarm you—the wound is pretty bad. You still have all your fingers, and the poison was easily reversed. It's just a matter of doing it all quickly. You should be able to arch again."

Kayla and Austin sat on their beds, talking amongst themselves and looking at Will wrapping my hand.

"There you go. Use your hand as little as possible, Okay?"

"Okay. Thanks, Will."

"Of course."

We hugged, since we hadn't gotten to earlier. I hugged Kayla and Austin, and talked to him about the guitar. I tried to learn it, but I just couldn't hook on it. I guessed it was his thing.

I walked out with Kayla. It was only the middle of the day, nearly lunch. It was already early November, so it was a bit chilly. The magical borders kept it from being too cold for fun activities. The only reason I liked the gods, quite honestly.

We approached the dining pavilion, and Leo was with his siblings. His back was turned towards me. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"Miss me, Valdez?"

He turned around, smiling! His smile made me so giddy.

"Y/n!" He said, getting up and hugging me.

"I missed you." We both said. It was kinda an awkward reunion in front of camp, but luckily there weren't many kids here because it wasn't summer.

He let go of me, his hands still resting on my upper waist.

"I thought you weren't coming back till next summer..."

I looked at him, and his words trailed off. He got the hint.

"We'll talk later," I said in a hushed tone.

He sat back down at his table, and I went to mine.

*After Lunch*

I caught up to Leo and walked next to him. We both had an hour of free time, so we decided to go to Bunker 9. My hand began to lightly throb, but Will told me that was normal.

"If you haven't figured it out yet....my mom kicked me out."

"Y/n..."

Tears pooled in my eyes. I told him how things had been so great, then boom. I told him about the Myrmeke and how I got to camp from there.

"Do you...need a hug?" He sheepishly asked.

I didn't answer. I just crawled over to him and wept. His skinny arms wrapped around me. I absolutely hated crying in front of people, but I just couldn't keep it in anymore.

"Y/n, this isn't your fault," he said soothingly. He was awkward, but an adorable awkward.

"She said it was."

"Y/n, do you really believe that's why your dad left?"

"Probably! He didn't feel like taking care of me so he just left her."

"Even if he did do that, it's not your fault."

I wiped my face and sniffled, then sat across from Leo.

He took my hands. ("Leo, give me my hands back!" I yelled. 😂)

"Thanks. Sorry about being a baby—"

"Y/n. You are not a baby. You've been through a lot, okay? We all have. You aren't crying because you can't tie your shoelaces! You're crying because your mother doesn't want you living with her. That sounds like a much more legitimate reason to cry."

Leo always knew how to cheer me up.

"At least now we get to spend more time together," I said.

"I'm all in for that."

He kissed my forehead, and then we talked and joked. I told him some funny stories of my own, and he told me some funny ones about camp.

"Hey, Y/N! I almost forgot. We have a meeting with Chiron after our free hour."

"Okay."

I loved talking to Chiron. I couldn't wait.