As I Die in His Arms

The ring exploded so harshly, I thought I was going to kill someone. That was what I was afraid of. With great power comes great responsibility, and I felt like if I lost control, I was losing responsibility, and someone else would have to pay the price.

Phobos didn't have time to say anything. He was gone, hopefully for good. He couldn't die, but maybe, like Gaea and Kronos, he would break apart into so many particles that they could never form together again.

I stumbled. I held my side, and then fell. A pair of strong but thin arms caught me. It was Leo.

He laid me down in his lap on the ground.

"Y/n! Y/n, can you hear me!?" He said frantically, his eyes on the verge of tears.

I could barely speak. I knew I was dying. I couldn't heal myself, and I couldn't find Will.

"Y/n!?" He asked again, tears spilling over.

"Gods, no! No! No!" He yelled, moving my hair from my face.

"Leo..." I croaked. I didn't have much longer.

"Y/n! Listen, please just stay alive. Stay here, I need you. I need you."

"I don't...have much time. Where is...W-will?"

"He's o-over there. He's tending to Nyssa."

"He c-can help me when he's d-done." I shivered. I felt colder than usual.

Leo pulled me a little closer. I hissed in pain. "Sorry."

"I don't know how much longer I have, Leo. I know we haven't known each other that long, but I just wanted to say that..."

I turned to the side and coughed up blood. I was going too slow.

The wind of life a measly gale.

I turned back to Leo, and in my, presumably, last moments, I told him something that would make most people cringe.

They would say, ah! Too young. They've been together so little time! But I was dying. And my love for Leo was something I was sure of.

"We could have been so much more if given time, Leo. Even if I only knew you for four months, it was the best four months I could ask for."

He choked back a sob.

"I'm so sorry I did such a bad job of loving you. I tried to make you happy, I did. But I walked away. I wanted to make it up to you. I'm so sorry."

Leo brushed a piece of hair from my forehead.

I heard footsteps nearby.

"Y/n!" Will cursed in Ancient Greek. My vision was nearly gone now.

"Leo, I'm sorry...and tell Will that I love him, c-can y-you?

"I love you too, y/n," I heard Will say. He was crying, too. "You're gonna make it. I won't let you go, you're gonna make it..."

I heard him begin to sing. He was calling out to dad for healing.

I held onto my life for as long as I could. I was feeling stronger but...the darkness was too much. I fell into unconsciousness. It was absolute nothingness.