Part 11

Link: Come on Love Bugs, let's go find Susan.

The second those words left his scaly lips he knew he messed up.

Simultaneously, you and the Doctor glaired at the monster in a mix of shock and horror.  You were the first to pipe up.

You: Bugs? Love BUGS?!

Link immediately tried to change the subject, when he saw the look on the Docs face.  

Link: Oh would you look at these photographs. Is this you (Y/N)?

You: Don't change the subject, Link.

B.O.B, heard the yelling and poked his head through the closest window and tried to catch up to the conversation.

B.O.B: Hey guys, what are we yelling about?

Link: Its nothing B.O.B.

You: Haha. Nothing my ass, he called Doc and I "Love Bugs and I wanna know why.

B.O.B: Oh, I know why.

In the midst of the chaos, the Doctor couldn't get a word in. However, when B.O.B said that he knew why Link said what he did, he had to do something. He already knew you liked him back, but it didn't make the fear any better.

You: You do?

Dr C: B.O.B! there's no need to answer that, because I know the answer. (Y/N) may I borrow you for a minute, my dear?

He asked in the calmest voice you'd ever heard. With a nod, he took your hand and lead you to the living room.

You: Alright, spit it out. What is Link talking about?

Dr C: To put it simply, my dear. About 2 weeks into getting to know you, I found you fascinating. You were never scared of any of us, you were never scared of me. That fascination very quickly that changed into a schoolboy crush.

You: Don't play with my emotions, doctor, the Hippocratic oath won't let you do that. 

The Doctor took a step closer to you and took your hands in his.

Dr C: I wouldn't dream of it.

After a second or two of silence, you gave him a big smile and pulled him into a hug.

You: Admittedly, I kind of have a crush on you too. You're just so sweet and kind and smart and..... other good adjectives that I can't think of right now.

He let out an amused chuff and pulled away to look you in the eye.

Dr C: You're all of that and more.

Unbeknownst to the pair of you, Link was listening to the whole confession. After seeing your relationship change over the month, he would be lying if he said that he wasn't invested.

B.O.B: What ya doing Link?

Link: Shhhh

B.O.B: *gasp* are you listening to them confess?!

Link: Shut up B.O.B! he whispered.

You poked your head around the door, giving Link a fright.

You: Can I help you?

After a couple of seconds of stuttering and mumbling his excuse, you pushed him away from the door.

You: NO? Ok, then off you pop. You said closing the door and looking back to the Cockroach with a smile.

He was stood in the middle of the living room like a bashful child being cough on Christmas morning opening his gifts early.

With a smirk, you planted a kiss on his cheek and grabbed his hand.