Chapter ~ 10

Y/N - POV

Silence, silence is all I can hear and feel while I am walking to meet up with Kira and Sarah for our movie night.

My mind is corrupted with images of what happened earlier. I and Eren didn't say much to each other after our conversation at the school grounds. He looked so miserable, but I couldn't help the feeling that it was my fault.

Now, I left him at home with mom, he just told me to have a good time and goodbye.

I grasp the straps of my bag tighter, gritting my teeth. I remember the scene where Eren hugged me from behind after school and told me that he had missed me.

"What happened? He didn't even seem to care that I left..." I mutter to myself, letting my thoughts run out.

Eren is...he is avoiding me. He isn't talking to me like he used too. It was like a dream when he arrived, but I guess reality has struck him.

Eren comes from a world of titans, a life with wretched walls that took his freedom away. He hasn't concurred anything, his friends are still stuck there without any reassurance that they're safe and....alive.

Eren must be so worried and I can't do anything to help him

I notice that I am close to Kira's apartment, I try comforting myself with thoughts of hanging out with my best friends. I need to get back on track, I need to be there for them as well.

I make my way up to the front door, breathing to compose myself. I can't have them knowing something's up, even though I think Kira suspect's something's wrong.

I gently press my finger on the button that displays Kira's last name. I bring my hands to my side as I wait for a response. Soon, a voice emerges from the microphone.

"Hello?" Says a light voice.

"H-Hey it's me" I speak with a nervous smile even though I know she couldn't see it.

"Ohh come in!" Kira answers cheerfully back.

A click sound can be heard from the heavy doors, indicating that it's open. I lift my hand and grab the handle to let myself in. As I reach the elevator and press the button for it to come down to the first floor, I hear a strange sound.

It's like a grunt but also like someone is yelling at the same time. I shrug it off and tap my foot while I wait for the elevator. When it reaches the first floor, the doors slowly open and reveal another person inside it.

I unsurely take a step forward, stopping once I realize the stranger is approaching me. It is a tall woman with auburn hair, her figure pretty slim and her skin ghostly pale. She looks like in mid 30 or early 40, I am not sure.

She takes a few steps and walks passed me, her grey eyes glaring into my soul. I feel myself tense up, avoiding her stare with all my might. She finally leaves as I enter the elevator, I push the button to the 4th floor and lean my back against the wall.

Weird..that was really intimidating

"I have never seen her before, maybe she just moved in?" I question myself and take my hand up to my mouth in a thinking manner.