Chapter 32

"Holy crap! I cant believe this...you said that I never had any family" My words strikes out in astonishment. My father smiles timidity, his eyes narrowing.

"I know...but your aunt here has lived in the Titan world permanently, it's not like you could meet her.." A frown plays on his lips. My mother goes over to his side and squeezes his hand.

I look at Eren and he doesn't look too good. His sight is cascaded downwards and he seems bothered. Like he's struggling with something internal.

"Well my name is Ari, nice to officially greet you Y/n" She chimes in and places a hand on my shoulder. "You see...your father may have hidden me as a family member, but that means we still have more family back in the other world right?"

I hesitate, she seems sarcastic. Just what is she going on about?

She sighs heavily "Wrong, it's only me and your father left. Your grandparents died years ago due to....exstreme events" Her eyes meets my widened ones.

"O-Oh...I'm sorry" I don't even know what to say. It's not like I can be sad over to have lost somebody that I never knew, but I feel bad for my father...and I guess Ari.

"Look...it's hard for us all...we don't want things to go wrong in the other world, but we don't have a choice anymore Y/n" She pauses, "You're going to have to embrace yourself"

That's right...I don't really have a choice. In order to save people I have to get stronger. This is really happening...I'm leaving

I slowly nod at her "I know...I guess this is my life then. I want to get stronger and save people, with my newfound powers I know that there is a lot I can do with the Titans. Besides...with the wall broken down, there is an essence of time left" I show her my determination, she smiles and pats my head.

"LIKE HELL Y/N! AS IF I'D LET YOU THROW AWAY YOUR LIFE LIKE THAT! YOU DON'T KNOW...you have no idea what they're capable of" Eren bursts out in pure rage, he clutches his fist tight, "I'm not losing you too" A broken sound left his lips. His eyes were teary and shaken.

"E-Eren..." I mutter, my heart squeezes insides my chest. I know he has been through a lot and he doesn't want to endure more pain.

I don't know what to say.

Ari grabs a hold of his shoulders "Look here boy, you know that this needs to happen. Don't you want to see Mikasa and Armin again?" She questions as Eren's eyes flicker.

Oh no Ari...why did you have to mention them!

I start panicking, but Eren looks down and pushes her hands away firmly. Ari frowns let's her hands fall to her side slowly.

"I'm not denying my duty," He spurs in a dark tone, "I don't give a shit about me, I've been trained to fight titans and I have to see my family again. However Y/n has a peaceful life here, you are all insane to take that away from her" Eren spat back. His eyes glares daggers at F/n and Ari.

Father sighs "I know it's dangerous and she would have probably been better off in that world training from when she was younger. That's was my plan, but then I meet M/n...and things changed" He croaks out an explanation.

"Please don't blame him! He's a good father and we did all that we could to make this work" My mom quickly adds, folding her hands together.

She walks over to him and caresses his cheek gently "Eren...you are like a son to me, I've wanted nothing more than for you two to be happy together" She pauses and wipes away a tear sliding down his cheek,

F/n's nose crunches 'HAH! Together? These two?!'

"But the circumstances are not at our side...she can't stay here, she has to go" Her words spill out in a shattering tone. Eren bows his head as more tears stream down. My mom pulls him close and gives him a tight hug "Everything will be okay...you'll make it work somehow" She whispers.