Chapter ~ 18

Y/n - POV

It's Monday and my powers are still kept a secret. I haven't tried anything more, I guess there is a link of fear inside me still.
I need to find out more first, if that's even possible at this point.

I stand in front of the mirror, twisting around to inspect my features. Once I am satisfied, I nod with a smile and amble out the door.

"Eren, let's go" I smile as we both head to school peacefully. Only that peace didn't last for long. My jaw drops when I notice a white haired boy outside the school campus. I see Eren furrow his eyebrows suspiciously at the other boy. It's that guy from the restaurant the other day!

Wait—What is he doing here?

"It's that guy from the restaurant" Eren murmurs in a slow tone.

"His name is Jack if I remember correctly" I say while we stop to inspect more of the situation. It is truly strange, or more like a huge coincidence that he was going to attend this school. Well, maybe he is here for a different reason?

"Let's go greet him" I grab Eren's hand, oblivious to the deep frown he's making. We soon arrive and I welcome him a kind smile as I say hello.

"Oh—Hi Y/n and....?" He gesturs towards Eren. Makes sense since Eren wasn't on the news, because well he doesn't exist in this world.
"Eren" He plainly answers with a bored expression. I swear I can feel the thick tension only increase.

Jack smiles nervously, "It's nice to see you guys again. I'm assuming you're wondering what I am doing here?" He scratches his neck.

"Yeah I was so surprised to see you just now" I clarify gently. Jack had after all helped me and my friends in a really difficult situation. It really was crazy.

"I lived with my mom in the city, but after that incident in the restaurant, she made me quit my job and thought it was for the best that I moved with my dad here" He grabs the straps to his bag closer, "And I thought it was a good idea too! It's crazy that you attend the same school though" He laughs.

"That's great Jack" I let out a small giggle, "I guess my mom would have done the same thing" Jack simply nods in return. Eren scowls at the sight, probably not wanting anything to do with him. Gosh, boys can be so difficult sometimes.

I think Jack seems very friendly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My friends and I are sitting at our table eating lunch. I had been trying to keep an eye on Jack since he's new today, but we only had history together and I haven't seen him since.

"Yo Y/n? Is that Jack guy coming or what?" Sarah looks up from her phone and arches en eyebrow.

I hesitate for a brief moment, "Well, I did invite him to sit with us, but I don't know where he is now" I play with my food and rest my head on my palm.

Eren suddenly slaps my hand, "Y/n, don't play with your food, eat it" He rolls his eyes at me. Ever since Eren moved here—well technically he just plopped into this world without any questions. He had been devouring food left and right. Must be nice to eat something else rather than bread and soup.

"Yeah yeah" My lip curves into a smirk, "Didn't know you cared if I ate or not Eren" I sass him back.

He gives me a disgusted grimace, "Just eat ya idiot"

I laugh every so gently. Sometimes Eren can be so brazen. I don't blame him though, with the way he had been living in his world. He had to survive and keep his loved ones safe at all costs.
I often wonder how much he misses his friends and the need to keep them safe from titans bay. It's true we hadn't talked about that yet, maybe I have to bring it up someday? It feels like the right thing to do. I'm sure he needs someone to talk to.