|The Song|

Warning: there are many feels in this one shot and I cried writing it. It contain slight mentions of self harm and suicide so beware babes. This is my take on the mileven reunion I'm s2 but it's just trash. No h8 m8 xx

The wheelers had just walked in on what looked like their son trying to kill himself. He lied on his bed with blood coming out of the cuts along his arm and depression meds on his bedside table. It was a horrific sight and Nancy was the one who was hurt the most. She felt guilty because it was her razor that did the damage.
"Mike! Wake up. Come on" the girl shouted but it was no use. If you looked close and focused on Mike's cheeks. You could tell he had been crying. It was heartbreaking because Nancy knew what was wrong. He was in love with a girl that the chief was hiding from him. How did she know? Because she was the one who told hopper to look in those woods that day. Nancy was the reason Eleven was hidden. Mike was smart enough to know she wasn't dead tho. This made it harder on Nancy. It was a tough year.

The parents had signed mike into a hospital that night and by morning he was awake. In the waiting room sat Nancy and a small girl, around 5'6 with a baby blue sweater on that was tucked into a black zip up skirt. This girls name was eleven.
Hopper had decided it was time for eleven to see mike for the first time in a year and she was over the moon.

"Hello girls, mike woke up and your allowed to see him" mrs wheeler walked into the waiting room and El jumped up in her seat. Nancy walked El to the room but waited outside.
"El, he missed you. Okay? He will be happy to see you'" Nancy reassured.

Eleven~
Why was my heart beating faster than usual? Why were my hands all sweaty and why was my stomach doing flips? I don't know but it was a nice feeling. I got to see mike and I'm so happy! It's been 365 days and from what Nancy told me that meant it had been a year.That's a long time to be 'dead'. They told mike I was dead! It was horrific. Nancy walked me down a hallway and told me to walk in. Alone. REALLY NANCY!? I'm already frightened to see him and you tell me to go alone?! Is that really a good idea?

Mike~~~~~~
The door started to sway open and I sighed, knowing it's probably my mom and Nancy.
"Mike" the small girl whispered and I instantly knew I was dreaming. This is a dream, right?! Right? It has to be. She is dead! But I never believed hopper one bit.
"El?" I replied. I hadn't said that name in almost a year and she's standing right in front of me with tears spilling out of her eyes.
I just couldn't help but smile at El. The goofy smile obviously made her happy because she smiled too! I can't believe she's here!
I patted the bed, indicating for her to sit down and she did so.
"Are you o-Kay?" El asked me, pronouncing okay slightly wrong. It made me chuckle and I replied with a 'yes'. It was a nice silence. It was nice to have the girl of my dreams back.

After a while I picked up the courage to hug her. We had hugged briefly when she came in but I wanted to know if she was real so I went for it. I guess she liked it cuz she didn't pull away. After all this time, el still amazes me with her bravery. It's truly inspiring.

Eleven~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(boi)

Mike wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight. I didn't pull away but I didn't know where to put my hands so, I placed them around his neck. I still can't believe I saw him today!!
He had grown a lot. I used to be the same height as him and now mike is taller than me. I guess he just went through that pu-ber-ty thing that hopper told me about? I don't know but it makes me feel safe. It's weird but him being taller makes me feel safe. I could hear muffled sobs and I could feel my shoulder becoming damp. Was mike crying? The thought of this made me cry too and soon enough we were both sobbing. It was like a song. A beautiful, strange, draining song and I couldn't put it into any other words. I just loved mike and from what Nancy had told me, he loves me too.