|New year?|

Eleven woke up, head in Mikes chest and their legs tangled together. Today was something she didn't quite understand but mike had told her it was 'New Years eve' and she remembers 'Christmas eve' so she just assumed it was like that.

Normally. Mike would get up first so Eleven didn't know what to do. Does she wake him up? Does she try to go back to sleep? She did it know so she just did want mike normally does to her.

A slight smirk appeared on her face as she kissed his cheek "morning...." she had to pause for a second "handsome?" She questioned, hoping she used the word right. She did but mike couldn't tell her that because he wasn't up still. So, eleven planted small kisses atop of his head and round his face, smiling happily to herself and eventually. He decided he wanted to wake up.

"Morning mike"
"Morning el"

They both smiled, thinking the same thing
'What a nice way to wake up'
And with that, they both made their way out of bed and down the hall, where they were greeted by pancakes and eggos. A usual breakfast for the two of them.

Mike had made plans for New Year's Eve. He was going to surprise eleven and take her to the quarry with his friends, Nancy, Steve and Johnathan to set of fireworks at midnight. It was, what he thought, gonna be 'epic'.

After scoffing down breakfast, the two went their separate ways. Eleven went to Nancy's room, where all her clothes are since she's supposed to sleep in their and mike went to his room, where el spends most of her nights. They both got ready in fancy yet casual clothes, mike in a white button up and a pair of jeans and eleven in a white sweater tucked in to a black skirt with some white and black sneakers. Mike hadn't put his shoes on yet but he went for his matching ones with eleven. (Cuz they're couple goals)

Meeting outside mike's room, the two made their way into the basement and sat on the sofa. Elevens head rested on mike's shoulder with her curly, shoulder length hair dusting his jawline. It had grown a lot. Their feet were tangled in a rope of limbs and mike was fiddling with Elevens hair. They did this often as Karen hardly ever came down to the basement. Karen did know they were together but they didn't want to tell her how close they were. So, they hid most of the time and kept themselves to themselves.

Soon enough, their was a knock on the basement door.
"I'll get it" and Eleven got up, losing mike's touch and slightly sighing at the loss but it was quickly gone as her three best friends were standing in the doorway. Her and Lucas had a brother, sister bond. Dustin was her sweet tooth buddy who she was closest with and will. She didn't really know him but they still looked at each other as good friends. Eleven returned to her original spot, causing the three others to slightly tease the two lovers and this ended with eleven and mike looking like tomatoes. Oh well?

"Happy new year!" Dustin shouted
"Eve" Eleven corrected him
"Smartass" Dustin snorted
"No, I just put the effort into saying the full sentence" eleven scoffed, burying her head into mike's chest further.

Soon enough, they had lunch and it was time to head to the quarry. It was a yearly tradition but this year their were two new members: Eleven and Steve.

Eleven sat of the back of mike's bike, wrapping her arms round his waist and placing her head in his shoulder and off they went to the quarry, ready for a day they would never forget

Time:11:50pm
Time till New Years: 10 minuets

Eleven sat on the blanket, alongside mike as they dried off from their swim. Mike had further explained New Year's Eve and how important it was to eleven and she was slightly nervous. Mike was too but not because of the new year, because he was gonna kiss eleven at midnight.
"10"
"9"
"8"
He was getting closer
"5"
"4"
"3"
He pulled eleven into him slightly, kissing her
"2"
"1"
And the fireworks went off as the two kissed underneath the stars, starting their new year off with a sweet memory