14

Chapter 14
Re-introduction
Brendon Urie

Brendon followed Tyler down the hall, watching as everyone would acknowledge Tyler's presence. Once in a while, he would get a small hello. Though it irritated him, he put on a fake smile for the crowd.

He glanced at Tyler to see a huge, real, smile. Brendon rolled his eyes. He hated feeling so jealous towards his best friend. He was supposed to be proud of Tyler and be happy that he was happy.

But he couldn't.

He couldn't be happy with the fact everyone loved Tyler so much more than him. I mean, what was so great about Tyler anyway? Brendon often found himself asking that question. But then he would come up with millions of answers of why he was so great.

Of course everyone loved Tyler. What he didn't understand was how Tyler did it. How did he get such a perfect life and how come Brendon got stuck with- "Brendon?"

Brendon blinked away his thoughts and looked at Tyler, "hm?"

Tyler chuckled, "I asked if you had any plans after school?"

Brendon nodded, "oh, uh. No, why?"

Tyler shrugged, "wanna come over? Maybe go to the ball park and play a little one on one?"

Brendon smiled lightly, "ya, sounds cool, man."

  Tyler nodded, "cool.

-

Brendon panted slightly as he took a swig of his water bottle. Him and Tyler have already played two games of basketball. Tyler won both of them, only irritating him the slightest.

Tyler grinned and patted Brendon's shoulder. "Wanna go for another round," he challenged.

Brendon smirked, "totally."

He was going to beat Tyler this time. The two began their game, Brendon playing defense. Tyler dribbled the ball up, smirking at Brendon. Brendon chuckled with a playful eye roll, "bring it on, buttercup."

Before Tyler could even do anything, the ball was being snatched. Just, not from Brendon. Both boys looked at the person in surprised. Brendon's eyebrows furrowed when Tyler scoffed, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms. "Josh, what are you doing here."

The man, josh, smirked, "well, fancy meeting you here, sweetheart."

Both of Brendon's eyebrows raised at the nickname this josh person gave Tyler. Did the two know each other? Tyler reached out for the ball, "give it back, josh."

Josh held the ball behind his back, leaning forward with the same smirk. Brendon watched in confusion as Tyler kept trying to get the ball back, his body practically pressed against the other males. Tyler face was flustered and josh let out a laugh. "How about this...let's all play a game of basketball. You against me and..."

josh raised an expectant eyebrow to Brendon and Brendon stirred over his words, still confused, "b-Brendon."

Josh chuckled, "against Brendon and I."