Chapter Eighteen: Baby Daddy Part I

It took up to six hours before Doctor Wilson came back out to meet us.

Two of Bryan's basketball friends came to stay with us at the hospital and from the Barber's shop too. Mikel and T-boy was here, the rest couldn't leave, they had appointments. Dante and Pixie were surprisingly still together. They realized their love was not lust and Pixie has changed for the best; her hair was now blonde and short, her original hair colour and she now wore more matured clothes.

I was happy for her.

The whole place was quiet, it felt as if we were mourning Bryan.

Grace, was still looking depressed as Disney slept on her lap. She didn't speak to anyone throughout, only ate and drank with us.

"Why is it taking too long?!" She suddenly spoke up, making the nurse with us tense up.

As if on cue, Doctor Wilson walked in.

"Mrs Owens" He started and we all went silent "The surgery was successful and your son is awake now. Would you like to see him?"

"Oh thank God" I breathe out a sigh of relief and Sabrina hugged me

"Can we all see him?" Grace asked

"Uh... Yeah sure. But those who aren't family are limited to only five minutes. I'm sorry, non family members are not even meant to see him" Doctor Wilson replied

"Five minutes is enough" Dante said "Thank you"

We all filed into the room where Bryan was kept in. The room looked more comfortable and better than other rooms.

I shook my head, what rich people can do

And there He laid, on the bed. The only tube sticking out of him was the thin long tube attached to a needle that had been inserted into the back of his palm.

"Bryan" Grace sniffled and hugged him softly "How are you feeling?"

"Sore" His deep scratchy voice replied

He even looked it.

"Hmm hmm" Grace nods her head and waited for a second before hitting him on his shoulder with her purse

"Oww, Ma?!" Bryan winced

"What did you think you were doing, trying to scare me like that?! What the hell's wrong with you?" Grace pulled his ear

"Ouch mother! It was just a gunshot wound, no big deal!" Bryan exclaimed

"You are so lucky you are sick right now or I could've beaten up your flat ass into coma" She whispers threateningly in his ear "Just wait and see what I'll do to you when you recover fully. Just you wait and see"

She stood up and straightened her coat before walking to the door "Hurry up Sabrina with whatever you want to say, I'm not going to wait too long for you. Adrian can come back with Cedric"

"Alright" Sabrina replied

"Love you Mum!" Bryan called out before coughing as Grace ignored him and left.

"I'm so glad you are ok now, Bryan, you gave us quite a scare" She smiled down at him

"Aww thanks sis" Bryan returned the smile and stared at the sleeping Disney in her arms "She slept off"

"Yeah, not so long ago" She bent down for Bryan to kiss Disney's forehead "She was so worried"

"Greet her for me when she wakes up?" Bryan said

"Okay. Bye" Sabrina kissed his cheek and left

"Dude, I can't still fucking believe Kobe did this to you! What the fuçk was wrong with him? Was he high?" Dante exclaimed