Chapter Thirty-five

January 18 2017 - Wednesday

~

Leonard

(Song: The Wilhelm Scream by James Blake)

It took everything in my power not to have a complete breakdown. Looking at Leah made me want to drown in my own tears. I was supposed to protect her. I was supposed to be there so that she would be okay.

I could only imagine what Leah was going through- what she went through. And I didn't even want to imagine it. I wish I could've talked to her about it. I tried to, but the words wouldn't come out. It was like I was incapable of putting it into words. Like putting it into words would stop my heart on the spot.

I met up with Timothy at school during lunch. All I could do now was find out who it was that hurt my sister, and Timothy was the only hope that I had to do that.

"How are you going to find the guy?" I asked the instant I stopped next to Timothy. We stood outside the school away from the picnic tables and everyone else.

"I've been asking around," Timothy responded.

"And?"

"And I've been told that there was a group that crashed the party."

"So how are we going to find the guy that was messing with Leah?"

"I've been telling people that if they see any of the guys that were at the party, take a picture of them and send it to me."

"People aren't curious as to why you want them to do this?"

"I don't know. No one really asked. I think they assumed I'm going to discourage them from crashing another party."

"What if no one sees him?"

"Someone will. He didn't seem like the withdrawn quiet type." My brain came to a sudden halt. I couldn't believe that I was having this conversation with Timothy. "How is Leah?" Timothy asked.

"I don't know. She was arguing with our mom, and I think she quit cheerleading."

"We'll find this guy. And when we do he won't know what hit him." I saw the look in Timothy's eye. It was the same look that he had when he talked about his father. It was that look that he always had right before he got into trouble.

". . .If someone tells you were he is, text me right away."

"Will do." I knew Timothy all to well. He liked to act first and ask questions later. I didn't know what my plan was after finding the guy, but I didn't needed Timothy getting arrested.