Chapter 41:

Chapter 41:

"Of course you do." Haymitch sighs and orders a bottle of wine. "I'll tell everybody you're still making up your mind. But why would you wanna be with...him?" Haymitch says, gesturing at me, and taking a swig of wine.
"Wow, thanks, feel the love!" I say, frowning.
"You should! I do love you!" Katniss says, giggling and kissing my cheek. "That's why I want Peeta as an ally." She finishes, laughing.

After Katniss's shooting exibition, she gets teased some. With my help, and the morphlings, we paint Katniss into a field of yellow flowers. And Finnick even trades Katniss for an hour of trident lessons in exchange for an hour of archery lessons. But I know the more she gets to know these people, the harder it will be to kill them in the end.

The final day of training ends with our private lessons. We each get 15 minutes before the Gamemakers to amaze them with our skills, but I don't know what any of us have to show them. There's alot of kidding about it at lunch. What we might do. Sing, dance, strip, tell jokes. Mags, who we can understand a little better now, decides she's just going to take a nap. Haymitch says to surprise them if we can.

As the boy from District 12, I'm supposed to go second to last. The dinning room gets quieter and quieter as the tributesfile out to go perform. Soon Katniss and I are finally left alone. I reach across the table and take Katniss's hands, "Decided what to do for the Gamemakers yet?" She shakes her head, "I can't really use them for target practice this year, with the force field up and all. Maybe make some fishhooks. What about you, babe?"
I can't really do what I did the first time, they already saw that, "Not a clue. I keep wishing I could bake a cake or something."

"Do some more camo?" Katniss suggest.
"If the morphlings left me anything to work with, they've been glued to that station since training started!" We sit in silence for a while, "How are we going to kill these people, Peeta?"

"I don't know." I say, leaning my forehead down on our entwined hands. "I don't want them as allies." She says, petting my hair. "I know it will be hard..."

We wait a little longer, staring into each others eyes while we hold hands.

Then they call my name.