I Choose You || Wyatt Oleff

Point of view: Wyatt

Rating: Sweet

"We should go to the park." (Y/n) suggested, jumping up from the couch.

I look up at her and furrow my eyebrows. "Um.. Okay?"

"C'mon! You're supposed to do what your best friend wants!" She pouts, grabbing my hand to pull me up.

Friends. That's all we are. Just friends..

I nod, standing up finally while smiling down at her. "Alright, alright. Lets get going."

A wide smile spreads across her face as she takes hold of my hand and runs out the door with me right behind her.

~Time skip~

We're sitting in a tree, talking on and on about absolutely nothing, but that's one thing I love about her. I can always go to here when I just want to talk.

Suddenly, I hear a familiar voice calling out to us. I look down to see my other female best friend, Sophia. Out of the corner of my eye, I see (Y/n) roll her eyes and jump down from the tree. I jump down after her, to be greeted with a pair of arms swinging around me.

I smile and return the hug. "Hey Sophia."

"Hey Wy." She greets, pulling away with a smile.

"Hello (Y/n)!" Sophia says, going in for a hug, only to be rejected as (Y/n) moves back.

"No thanks. I feel kind of sick." She mumbles, turning on her heels and walking away from us both.

"I'm gonna go check on her. We can talk later, okay?" I say, patting her head.

"Sure thing." Sophia says, waving and running off in the opposite direction.

I look in the direction (Y/n) went in, trying to figure out where she went. I find a trail, deciding to walk down it, when I see her sitting beside a pong.

Her eyes are teary with tear stains trailing down her cheeks. My heart aches seeing her like that, but I try my best to hide it as I walk up to her.

"Hey you." I say softly, sitting beside her.

There's an awful silence for a moment. The pond being the only slight sound to be heard.

"I see the way you look at each other."

I turn to her, confusion clear on my face. "What?"

"You and Sophia. It's clear that you have feelings for each other, but why should I care, me and you are just friends." She whispers, keeping her gaze directed at the pond.

My heart breaks slightly. Everything word she spoke made my heart hurt more and more.

"That's not true. I don't love her. I love-" I start, but I bite my tongue to stop myself from confessing. "Someone else."

"Then go to her." She says, standing up and turning her back to me. "Go choose her."

I stand up and grab her arm, turning her around and instantly slamming my lips onto hers. I wrap one arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me. Our lips move in sync, before I pull away hesitantly.

"I choose you." I pause, placing my forehead on hers. "And I'll choose you, over and over and over. Without a pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I'll keep choosing you, because you are the total and absolute love of my life. You have been since the day we met at that party. Don't ever think that I care for anyone else as much as I care about you."

She smiles, bringing her hand up to my cheek to cup it. "Okay."

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too."

A/n: *dabs*