Gun Shot || Joe Keery

Point of view: You

Rating: Short, Extremely sad

"Keep running!" I heard him shout from behind me.

I pick up my speed, running from the threat chasing after us. Joe and I try are hardest to dodge the bullets that fly past us, but things are looking grim as we hit a dead end.

"Fuck!" I shout, turning around to see Joe running in front of me, shielding me from the man with the gun.

"Stay behind me." He whispers, looking at me with a reassuring smile.

The hooded man stands as the other end of the abandoned room, smirking psychotically at us.

"You seemed to have hit a dead end." He says without emotion, raising the gun and aiming it at Joe.

I hear Joe's voice hitch in fright, not moving from in front of me.

"It's time Joe." The man says, but before any of us can do anything, he pulls the trigger, and runs off.

I scream, dropping to the ground, holding Joe in my arms. He's bleeding out of his chest, and wheezing when he tries to breath.

"C-Can you hear m-my heartbeat? Just f-focus on that." I whisper shakily, looking for any way to help him in this barren room.

"(Y-Y/n)." Joe whispers weakly. "I-I'm scared t-to leave y-y-you."

Tears stream down my face as I wipe him face, smiling sadly at him. "I-It's okay Joe. It's o-okay."

"S-Sing for me, o-one last time. P-Please." He whispers, tears falling down his cheeks.

I nod shakily.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." I start, moving his hair out of his face. "You make me happy when skies are grey." I pause as he starts coughing up blood, growing colder by the second. "You'll never know dear, how much I love you." I choke up, pulling him closer to me. "Please don't take my sunshine away." I finish, closing my eyes, letting tears pour from my eyes.

"I-I love you (Y-Y/n)." Joe manages to say, lifting a weak hand to my cheek to wipe the tears away.

"I love you t-too Joe. Now, close your eyes and count to seven," I pause watching him close his eyes hesitantly. "when you wake, you'll be in heaven." I finish, lips quivering as I seem him smile softly.

And as his chest rises and falls on last time as he takes his last breath, I let out a loud cry, leaning over and sobbing into his chest. I can barely breath because of how hard I'm crying, but I don't care at this point.

With Joe gone, what purpose do I have?

A/n: Sadness :D