Chapter 5

ASHLEY'S POV:

We got out the car and I sighed.

"Great another day of this school." I began to grab my books for my first period.

I jumped as someone pressed their hands on me. I smiled and turned thinking of Dylan. I froze.

"Hey babe" Austin still had his hands on me. I looked over just a few feet away. Dylan was standing there staring at me. He turned around and walked away.

I rolled my eyes at Austin and slammed my locker and tried to run after him but Austin had my arm so i couldnt move.

"Get your hands off me" I growled and kicked him and looked down the hall. But he was gone..

I looked down and sighed and went outside and sat in my jeep until third period.

KATIES POV:

"You can't just skip classes" Ashley rolled her eyes at me and began rummaging in her locker.

"It was just 2 periods" She throws everything in her locker.

"Why though?"

"I don't want to talk about it. I'm sure you'll find out just soon enough." She closed her locker and walked away.

"What's wrong with her?" Tyler came up behind me.

"She wouldn't tell me.." I sighed.

"Oooh. Well she cant hide it from you forever. You are her best friend."

"Maybe" we walked to biology as I tried to think of what it could be.

I zoned out the whole class until the bell rang and I jumped. I practically ran to p.e. so I could talk to Ashley. As usual, she was sitting at the top of the bleachers with her knees to her face.

I walked up to the top of the bleachers just above her.

"Now will you tell me what's wrong"

"Dylan broke up with me. He thinks I was cheating on him with Austin.." she leaned onto me and started to sob again.

ASHLEY'S POV:

We pulled up at Katies house and I couldn't help but look over to Dylan and Tyler's house and sigh then looked away.

"Wait what" I say to myself and look back over.

There was a girl about our age with dark long hair walking by Dylan. I sniffled and ran inside.

"I'm going over with Tyler" i nodded at Katie.

"Imma just stay here"

"awh c'mon. You can just hang out with me and Tyler if you want.." I knew she was just trying to be nice..

"I dont wanna be a third wheel" I picked my nails.

"C'mon!" She grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the bed.

"Ugh I hate you soo much"

"ahh shut up. Maybe you can talk to Dylan." I rolled my eyes.

"Looks like he already found someone else" I muttered.

We walked over to their house and they were all outside. I looked down.

"Hey.." Dylan said to me.

"Hey" I felt awkward. "Oh this is Shelby.. Our cousin" I felt relief lift off my shoulders.

"Oh" I rocked back on my feet.

"Can we talk?" He asked me.

"We are talking.."

"In private" No, is what I really want to say but I nodded and followed him inside.

KATIE'S POV:

Tyler and i were sitting on the couch and watched Dylan and Emily walk upstairs.

"Wonder what that's about" Tyler asked.

"Dylan broke up with her"

"Why?"

"He thought she was cheating on him.."

"Well.. was she?" He asked suspiciously.

"Of course not. I dont think Ashley would ever have to heart to cheat on anyone especially with Austin and after what she went through with him." I stand up for her.

"Well someone needs to tell him that. I know it took a lot for him to break up with her. He really liked her." I shrugged.

"Lets just stop worrying about them for now okay? Their big kids they can handle themselves."

Tyler nodded and pressed his hand on my face and began kissing me while laughing and smiling and laying me down on the couch.

ASHLEY'S POV:

"Look I really just don't want to talk right now" I said.

"Just why?" His eyes were sad.

"Why what?" I asked.

"Why would you cheat on me? Especially with him!" I rolled my eyes and stood up and began to walk away but Dylan grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I froze for a second and stared at him.

"Tell me the truth Ashley"

"I didn't cheat on you Dylan." He shook his head.

"I said tell me the truth" a tear fell down my face.

"I would never do that to anyone! I know what it feels like to be cheated on!" I ran out his room and downstairs and went to Katies house.

KATIES POV:

"Dude what'd you say to her?" Tyler asked Dylan.

"I told her to tell me the truth and she didn't.." I rolled my eyes.

"You idiot. I'm gonna go talk to her. Ill call you later Tyler." I rolled my eyes at Dylan and left.

Ashley was sitting on my bed hugging a pillow and sobbing. I sat by her trying to comfort her.

"He doesn't believe me" I patted her back.

"He's too stupid too realize that" she shook her head and put it in the pillow again.

"Uh your grandma let me in.." Dylan was standing in my room doorway. Emily looked up and back down.

"I'll just be downstairs" I said and left them alone.

ASHLEY'S POV:

Dylan sat down by me and I tried to hide my tear stained face.

"I'm sorry.." He began and I rolled my eyes.

"That doesn't change the fact that you don't believe me" he looked down.

"I know I shouldve believed you" I wiped my face.

"Just what do you want.." I asked.

"A second chance? Please" I shook my head.

"I just want to be alone right now. Just leave..please." he nodded.

"I understand" I gulped and he walked out. I started crying even more once he closed the door.