Chapter 12~Steam~

Kenzie's P•O•V
I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing. I groaned and reached over grabbing my phone off the nightstand. My mothers calling me. "Hello Mother," I whispered. "You're sleeping at 4 in the afternoon? Ugh. I'm calling you to tell you that I'm having a dinner for your father's birthday," she said.

"When is it?" I asked. "It's tomorrow night. By the way the dress code is black and white. Do not mess this up. Bye bye now," she said. She hung up the phone. I rolled my eyes and put my phone back down on my nightstand. The door opened causing the hallway light to shine into the room.

"Where'd you go," I asked. I give up on the idea of sleep and sat up in the bed. "I told Molly that it's over. She didn't take it well and swore that I'd regret the day," he explained. I smiled brightly. "Would you be willingly to come with me to an event?" I asked. "What event?" He asked as he laid down.

"My father's having a birthday dinner. I wanted to know if you'd like to come with me?" I asked as I played with my fingers. "Babygirl, you don't have to be scared to ask me. I'd be happy to go with you," he said. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. I love the thought of a life with just the two of us.

                                           •
I woke up early to go out dress shopping with Lacie. I want to buy a new dress for my fathers birthday. And I have to pick up a gift for him. I walked side by side with Lacie into a dress shop.

"What happened to Molly? She came over crying her soul out," Lacie said. I rolled my eyes and shrugged my shoulders; "she's sneaky and conniving. Theo left her to be with me not only as my dominant but as my boyfriend," I smiled at the last part. "Oh my gosh! Why didn't you say something earlier?!" She shouted.

At this point all eyes turned to us. "Lace, keep your voice down," I whispered. I pulled my attention away from Lacie and gasped at the dress in my hands. It's a black Victoria Beckham sweetheart dress. It's almost like the dress is meant for me because it's the last one in my size.

"Look lace. I found the best dress," I smiled as I held it up to her. She touched it and looked it over nodding in agreement. "Now all that's left is finding my dress. Should I wear black or white?" She asked. "My mothers wearing white and has recently informed me, that whatever color she's wearing every other female should wear the opposite," I explained. Lacie made a face as she began to look through the black dresses.

"I know. She sounds like a total witch. But she only does it to stand out to my father," I added with a shrug. "You've distracted me! What happened on the vacation?" Lacie asked. She kept looking for her dress but her attention remained on me. "We painted with our bodies. He's having the work blown up out on the wall," I smiled. I fell into a dream like state as I remember our last day there.

"Oh and I forgot to tell you he drew me. It was the most beautiful thing ever. Then he said he's impressed that he caught my beauty on paper," I swooned. Lacie stomped her foot on the floor and groaned with a pout. "If only I could find someone like that," she groaned. "It's okay. I'm sure he has friends like himself. Remember birds of a feather flock together," I winked.

I'll try to find a way to set her up with one of his friends.

Lacie finally found a dress and we proceeded to checkout. "Where to now?" I asked. "I would say let's grab some lunch but Sarah would kill me if I spoiled your appetite. Lets just go to my place and get ready or something," she suggested. I nodded in agreement and pulled out my phone as I walked with her.

I texted Theo and let him know I left the mall. He doesn't fully trust that we've heard the end of Molly; so he's set a new rule to text wherever I'm going just in case of anything.