Chapter 30 ~The dress~

Kenzie's P•O•V
Theo and I picked a date for our Vegas wedding. Since I can't do the grand wedding that I've always had planned I'm forced to settle. The wedding will be held two weeks from today. I wanted to give myself sometime to at least make this a little special. Today I'm going wedding dress shopping with Lacie and my little sister.

I didn't even tell my mother about the wedding. Too many of us flying to Vegas will draw Molly's attention. My fists curled tightly. Nothing pisses me off more than the fact that I have to work my wedding around her. My hatred for Molly is almost poisonous. That's another thing I detest. She's making me feel like such a hateful person. I used to pity Molly. Her madness drove that away.

Today I won't focus on her. I'm going to pay attention to my dress shopping. I'm looking for something simple, but still have some kind of flare to it.

"Do you like this one?" Quinn spoke up from behind me. I pulled myself out of my own thoughts. Quinn is the shop owner, she's helping me pick out a dress today. I looked over the current dress that I'm wearing. It's an off white color, the dress has a plunge neck and a cape going over the shoulders. I like the dress. Angela picked it out. But I don't think I'm going to pick this one. I'm pretty sure I'd have to tape my boobs to prevent a slip.

"I like it. But I don't think that it's for me."

Quinn's blonde hair popped up beside me in the mirror. "What are you looking for? I'm here to help you."

"I'm looking for a fairy themed dress. I want to live out a childhood dream dress." I looked at her with excited eyes. "Do you have anything like that?"

She smiled. "I'm sure I have exactly what you're looking for. Would you like for me to grab it now?"

"No. I want to walk out and show them the dress first."

Ill step out of the dressing room so that I can show them. Quinn helped me walk out of the dressing room. She held the end of the cape so that it didn't drag along the floor.

I stepped out onto a small podium in a private room, Angela and Lacie sat watching. I struck several poses while I stood before them. "What do we think?" I asked.

Angela looks like she couldn't be happier. "I love it! Are you picking this one?!"

Lacie leaned forwards in her chair. "I like it. But I feel like you can do a little more...be a little more extra."

She's right. The plunge neck is one of the only things that this dress has going for it. I looked past them towards the mirror. I turned my body in strange angles, I jumped up and down as high as I could. Just as I'd thought, my left nipple poked right out. I looked back to Quinn, my hands protectively held my chest. "We're gonna go back to the drawing bored."

"Fine! I have other ideas!" With that Angela began to wheel herself towards the dress rack. Lacie jumped up from her chair and ran towards the dresses. I'm going to get out of this and pick some for myself.

While I took the dress off in the back, Quinn popped back into the dressing room. She has four dresses in her hands. The curtains opened again, Lacie and Angela walked in. Dresses are draped over Rose's lap.

Looking at the dresses that Angela brought every single one of them has a cape. None of the dresses look the same. All of Lacies dresses are just a little too over the top for what I'm looking for. Quinn may have the winner.

My eye landed on a dress that Quinn hung up. "I want to try that one on."

Angela sucked her teeth. "I'm trying to be better so I won't protest. All Ill say is capes are very in this season."