Ch. 1

Enjoy x

~~

"Kids , welcome Louis . He's staying with us from now on ." Des introduced Louis to the kids in the orphanage , "Show him around , how to get things done ." He placed a large , rough hand on Louis' back and pushed him forward a little towards Niall , Liam , Jenna , Mary and Thomas . Louis clutched his backpack tightly , afraid he'd lose all the clothes he got like last time , when the bag was snatched from his hands and he had to start looking for clothes all over again .

Des left , Niall held his hand out . "I'm Niall ." He said , Louis shook his hand with a trembling hand . Niall tried to smile , but he was just sad that Louis is now a part of Des' circus . Louis pulled his hand back and held onto his sleeve , Liam held his arm out , "I'm Liam , come on I'll show you to your bed ."

Louis nodded and followed silently , the kids following right behind . They walked into the boys' room , Liam pointed to an empty bed , "Here's your bed ."

Louis placed his bag down and looked around the room ; it looked colourful yet a bit lifeless . He sat on the bed and looked up at the kids , when one of the girls approached him . "I'm Mary , and I wish for you to get out of here as quickly as you can ."

"Mary , don't scare him ." Liam scolded a little , Mary rolled her eyes , "Come on , he's going to have to deal with it anyways . He's one of us now and we're going to go through the same shit ."

Niall covered Thomas' ears , "No cursing ."

Mary crossed her arms and returned her attention to Louis . "Anyways , if I were you I'd take off before he gets a chance to actually know you ." She took a few steps back and leaned on the wall , crossing her ankles .

The other girl gave Louis a soft smile , "I'm Jenna . I hope you'll find the good things in staying here ." Louis returned the smile softly , which quickly vanished as Mary rolled her eyes , "There's nothing good about staying here ."

Liam shook his head and sat next to Louis , placing his hand on his arm , "She's exaggerating . You'll be okay here ."

Louis nodded and offered half a smile , Niall smiled at him , "You're not much of a talker , are you ?" Louis looked up at him with soft blush on his cheeks , shaking his head . "N-No , not much ."

"It's alright . I think you're just shy because you're new , but you'll open up to us ." Niall said , Louis nodded at him with a smile , "Yeah . Okay ."

"I'm hungry . Can we go eat lunch now ?" Thomas looked up at Niall , Niall nodded and ruffled his hair softly , "Sure . Let's go eat , Harry said he'd cook for us today ."

Louis followed everyone out of the room and through the place until they reached the kitchen , where he saw a tall , broad guy with a floral apron moving swiftly around the kitchen , the smell of freshly made food reached his nose and made his stomach growl a little .

"Heya Harry , what did you make ?" Liam approached him , Harry turned his head and smiled at him , and Louis' heart skipped a beat at the sight of sparking green eyes , a beautiful smile and dimples .

"Hey Li , just finished making some mashed potatos , grilled chicken and some veggies ." Harry washed his hands and dried them , taking the apron off and hanging it on the wall .

Liam placed his arm around Harry's shoulders and turned him around to face the other kids . "Harry , meet Louis . Des brought him in just a short while ago . Louis , this is Harry , Des' son ."

Harry's heart fluttered in his chest at the sight of a small , soft boy in front of him , looking shy and tiny . He held his hand out , "Hey , nice meeting you ."