Ch. 4

Enjoy x

~~

Louis was sitting on his bed with a piece of paper in his hands ; there were a few words written on it sloppily and he practiced reading , finding nothing else to do . His cheek was still throbbing from the night before but he was mostly over it .

Harry went to look for him , hearing his soft voice speaking . He peeked into the room , seeing Louis sitting crossed-legged with his back towards the door , holding a piece of paper and reading to himself .

He smiled , leaning on the doorframe as he listened to him . "You're doing very well ."

Louis jumped and the paper flew from his hands , turning to face Harry . Harry's smile vanished when he saw Louis' bruise , frowning deeply . "What happened to you ?" He asked as he neared him , taking his jaw in his fingers and turning his head to the side , inspecting the bruise .

Louis swallowed nervously . "I r-ran into the doorframe last night , too sleepy to notice ."

Harry bit his lower lip , "You're a clumsy little one ." He said softly , making Louis blush deep red . "Did you put ice on it ? It looks a bit swollen ."

Louis shook his head , Harry sighed with a soft smile , "You need to take care of that bruise Lou . Come on ." He took his hand and walked out of the room with him , leading him through the house to the kitchen . They reached the kitchen , Harry turned to face Louis and took a hold of his waist , lifting him up in the air easily to sit on the counter .

Louis gasped , his cheeks painted deep red as he was placed ontop of the counter and watched as Harry went to the freezer and pulled out some ice , wrapping it up in a towel . He walked back over to Louis and stood in front of him , holding his jaw with one hand , the other pressing the ice gently to his bruised cheekbone .

"Heard you practicing ." Harry said , a soft smile on his lips . "You're doing really really well ."

"Thank you ." Louis said shyly , not able to stop himself from smiling . 

Harry caressed his cheek with his thumb softly , bringing his lower lip inbetween his teeth . He really liked Louis , the boy is just so small and soft , something about him is making him want more of him .

Louis was fiddling with his fingers and the ends of his sleeves , being so close to Harry makes him blushy and shy and nervous . He liked Harry but knew full well that there is no chance they could get together ; all because of Des . He terrified Louis half to death , and he doesn't want to anger him more than he's already angry with him .

Harry removed the ice from his cheek and looked the bruise over , "The swelling lowered , looks better ." He said softly and gave Louis a smile . Louis smiled back , holding the ends of his sleeves in his fingers . "Thank you ."

"Always ." Harry smiled and placed the towel away , "Are you up for studying ? I was actually looking for you to ask you if you wanted ."

Louis' heart dropped ; he's already risking himself by being seen here in the kitchen with him , he doesn't want to take any bigger risks and anger Des . But then Liam's words crossed his mind .

Don't give up on that friendship

He took a deep breath before nodding . "Yeah , I'm up for it ."

Harry smiled widely , "Good . Wait for me here , I'll go fetch the papers ." Harry took a hold of his waist and helped him off the counter carefully , and Louis absolutely loved the feeling of his large hands on his waist , watching as he walked out of the kitchen .