Ch. 8

Enjoy x

~~

Liam checked with Paul that the mic connected under his shirt works before he walked back to the house , preparing to taunt and pull Des out of his 'hiding spot' . He wants to get it all recorded on tape , since the security cameras record with no audio .

He spotted Des in the entrace , scolding Mia , Alex and Thomas .

"Next time you little shits are running around running into me I'll make you pay ." He threatened , Liam quickly jumped in and pushed himself between Des and the kids , shielding the kids behind his back . He pushed at Des' chest to create distance between them , "Don't you dare hurt them ."

"Or what ?" Des chuckled , "You have no power against me ."

"I will not let you hurt them ." 

Des chuckled humorlessly , "Look at you , standing up for those little shits . They're nothing , just like you are nothing ."

Liam clenched his jaw , deciding to push his luck . "I'd rather you hit me and not them ."

"Got no problem doing that ." Des held his arms to the sides , "Did it before , didn't I ?" He said before whipping his arm , smacking Liam across the face with the back of his hand . Mia screeched in fear , Des turned to scowl at her , "Shut up you piece of shit !"

"Don't hurt her !" Liam pushed him away , only to be punched across the face . Des rubbed his knuckles and sighed , "Next time you'll get worse ." He started walking away before Liam talked again . He wanted it all recorded .

"If you hurt any of us again I swear I'll go to the police , and this time they will hear me out ." He threatened , his heart racing in his chest . This burst of adrenaline was going to get him in serious trouble .

Des laughed humorlessly , "You tried twice , Payne . They didn't listen . Don't forget what happened last time you went to the police and actually brought these assholes over ."

"So you starved us for three days . Wow , great choice , Desmond ." Liam pushed the buttons .

"Use my full name again and I'm ending you , just like I threatened your little friend Louis ."

"What did Louis ever do to you ?"

"He's a faggot , just like my son . I will not allow any boy dating my son . My son deserves a girl , not a boy ."

"So you're homophobic now ?"

"Proud to say I am ." Des raised his eyebrows . "Homosexuality is a sin and I will not allow my son to be a sinning faggot ."

"You disgust me ." Liam shook his head at him .

"Go fuck yourself ." Des ended the conversation and walked into his office , slamming the door shut .

Liam quickly turned to the three kids , who were in tears . He brought them into his chest , sighing . "Did he hurt any of you ?"

"He pulled at my hair ." Alex said and rubbed his scalp , Liam kissed his head , "Let's go to our rooms , yeah ? It's almost bedtime ."

~~

Liam knocked on the back door of Paul's van before opening it , seeing Paul with his head in his hands .

"Hey , um . Did it record everything ?" Liam asked and got into the chair next to Paul , who nodded silently before taking a deep breath , "Yeah , it did . Everything ."

"Good ." Liam nodded , "Uhm , was it -"

"Too much ? Definitely ." Paul rubbed his hands on his face . "Can't fucking believe that ."