Ch. 12

Enjoy x

~~

It was court day . Anne and Paul were sitting at one side with Paul's lawyer , Des being escorted inside handcuffed with a lawyer of his own .

The judge entered and the case started .

"Desmond Styles , you are accused with child abuse , verbal abuse and minor abuse . Anything to say ?"

"I'm completely innocent ."

Paul didn't even flinch , unlike the kids . He knew he had enough evidence . Behind him were sitting the kids along with Harry but without Louis , who were glaring at Des . Harry couldn't even look at him , he just stared ahead and avoided eye contact .

Paul's lawyer , Richard , went over to Des and asked him questions .

"What made you want to send those innocent kids on the street and rob for you ? Why did you keep going for so many years ? Why did you find in necessatry to hit those kids ? Why did you find it necessarry almost killing an innocent child and burying him alive ?"

Des kept quiet through all the questions , only answering the last one . "Because he's a faggot and turned my own son into a bigger faggot ."

The judge crooked his mouth at that , writing something down .

Harry looked away and shut his eyes in anger , his fists clenched tightly not to lash out .

Richard played on the television a few security cameras tapes , one showing Des yelling at the kids , one showing him throwing a plate at Mary and hitting the wall behind her , another of him hitting Louis in the back yard , then he showed the pictures the police took of Louis half buried . He didn't leave it up for long , seeing how squeamish everyone got . He then played out loud the microphones records , the whole place was quiet apart from the tape playing .

Harry shut his eyes tightly and let tears roll past them , feeling hands rubbing his back trying to comfort him , though it wasn't helping .

Then Richard brought the kids up to say their words about Des , and it only made Harry want to cry harder .

"He locked us out of the house for three days and starved us ."

"Punched me in the face for protecting the kids ."

"He forced me to rob even though I was against it ."

"We were terrified of him ."

"He's a monster ."

Des was about to be called up to say his words , when the door opened and Zayn and Ellianne walked in , rolling Louis in the wheelchair .

Everyone were quiet , and Louis could feel his heart beating so loudly that it felt like the whole building was shaking .

"I'd like to talk aswell , sir ." Louis looked up at the judge , who nodded and motioned him over . Harry got up from his seat and kneeld in front of him , "Are you sure about this ?"

Louis nodded , "It's the least I can do ."

Harry nodded and rolled Louis over , helping him out of the wheelshair onto the chair . Louis avoided eye contact as he told about how Des forced him to dig his own grave , how he treated him and talked to him , then the beating that led to him being admitted to the hospital . He took the courage to stand up crookedly and lift his shirt up only a little bit , his eyes getting glossy over the gasps around the room .

When he was done Harry rushed over and took him away , bringing him to sit with them .

Des walked up to talk , and the only words that left his mouth were enough to anger the judge even more if possible .