Ch. 3

Enjoy x

~~

Harry was waiting at the dining table in the kitchen for Louis to arrive ; he promised to teach him how to read , and they're going to be starting today .

Louis peeked into the kitchen to make sure Harry is there and he wasn't joking about helping him , sighing in relief when he saw him at the table with a few papers . He walked into the kitchen , Harry turned his head towards him and smiled , "Hey ."

"Hi ." Louis approached him , Harry pulled the chair next to him out for him , Louis slid down and scooted closer to the table .

"Alright , so for starters , we'll work on letters . The alphabet , how to pronounce them and how to write them ." Harry said and pulled the first paper out , and Louis felt like such a child doing this . But it gets him closer to Harry , so it might be okay .

They started with the alphabet , A to Z . Then when Louis knew how to say the whole alphabet without mixing it up , Harry had a proud grin on his lips . "You're doing very well . Very very well ."

Louis smiled widely with blush on his cheeks , thanking him . 

They moved on to how to pronounce the letters , pairs of letters and short words . That's when Des walked into the kitchen , stopping when he saw Harry and Louis smiling at each other sitting close together .

"What is going on in here ?" He asked , Louis froze in his seat and slowly turned to face Des . Harry just smiled , "I'm teaching Louis , he needs help with reading and writing ."

"Do you , now ?" Des asked , looking between Harry and Louis . He forces himself to look okay with it and pretend not to be very disturbed by their closeness .

"Alright then . Keep going ." He said and walked out of the kitchen .

Harry chuckled to himself and turned back to the papers , motioning Louis to focus back on reading . He frowned a bit when Louis started messing up a bit , even if it was words that he already got right before .

"I think it's enough for today ." Harry said , smiling softly and collecting the papers . "You're distracted , we'll keep going another time ."

Louis bit his lower lip and nodded , watching Harry standing up and going to the fridge . "Do you want something to drink ?"

Louis shook his head , looking down at his hands , feeling like he's disappointed Harry by not succeeding . Harry poured himself a glass of orange juice and went to sit next to him , taking his small hand in his large one , "Hey , don't be like that . You're progressing really well and we only just started today . You're smart and you get things quickly , I'm sure that in a few more meetings you'll be able to read a whole book by yourself ."

Louis blushed deeply , looking up at Harry . "Are you sure ?"

"I'm one hundred percent sure ."

"Thank you ."

~~

While Liam and the kids were walking around town to rob , Louis , Niall and Jenna stayed by the piano on the main street . Louis played , Niall and Jenna sang . People walking by were enjoying the little show , placing their money inside the two hats on the ground next to them .

Louis hated the thought of having to rob people and made it very clear to the others that he is not going to rob , if he needed money he would find a right way to get it .

A couple of songs later the other group joined Louis , Niall and Jenna by the piano , they collected the money they got and made their way back to the orphanage . Each one had money in their pockets , they were not allowed to be seen around the orphanage with money in their hands in fear Harry would show out of nowhere and start questioning them .