letter

NS,

I am about to do something so crazy I may hate myself later, but I'm going to tell you a story.

When I was in fifth year, I had a friend. His name was Frankie. Frankie...oh god Frankie was a hell of a lot of fun. People always used to tease us because he had ADHD. I didn't care though, because Frankie liked me for who I was.

One day, Frankie and I were playing in my front yard. My mom was doing some yard work in the back of the house and we were playing footie. He was so good at football. I wanted to play just as good as him one day.

A group of guys from our school came by our house at one point. They began to shove us around and make fun of Frankie. I tried to help him but by the time I had gained some confidence it was too late.

They were already shoving him into the road.

The truck was already coming down the street.

They were already making their getaway. They didn't even stop to acknowledge the fact that they took a ten year old boy and shoved him in front of a speeding truck.

Frankie died that day. And frankly, part of me went with him.

Those boys you see me with today are the same boys that killed my best friend. Arrogant bastards who don't think of anyone but themselves.

So to answer your question, no. I'm not happy. I only stay on top to prevent any case like Frankie's from happening again. I wouldn't be able to see another kid loose their life because they're different.

Especially when I could've done something in the first place.

-Harry