Chapter 11

ELLA

I stared at Christian in absolute fright before letting out a small scream. I felt terrified.

Christian quickly covered my mouth, looking at me angrily. 

A waitress walked towards us, and in a matter of seconds, Christian had slipped his shades back on and was seated normally in his seat.

The waitress walked to us, a concerned look on her face.

"Is everything alright over here?" She asked and looked at us.

I looked down, not daring to speak because I was afraid that if I'd say something wrong, Christian would lash out at me again.

Christian looked up at the waitress and nodded. "Yes, yes, everything is fine." Christian spoke, his voice now sounding surprisingly normal.

I looked down at my lap, fiddling with my fingers. I was so nervous and scared.

Christian's eyes were so frightening. They didn't look like that the last time I saw them.

He was frightening.

The waitress nodded before walking away from us.

I didn't dare look up at Christian. He scared me a lot. I don't know what he is, but I want to know.

What creature has red eyes and is this frightening?

Has this sort of temper?

I felt Christian's stare on me, but I didn't have the courage to look up.

"Ella?"

I heard Christian's voice, which didn't sound angry. Surprising.

I shook my head slightly, nervously fiddling with my fingers.

Christian sighed heavily and I heard a chair screech against the floor and then footsteps coming to the other side of the table. To me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to flinch from the sudden pain in my shoulder. He bruises were still sore and they hurt like hell, to be honest.

"Don't t-touch me." I whispered, my voice cracking slightly as I fought back the tears.

I didn't want to cry again in front of Christian. I didn't want to cry anyways. I couldn't come off weak, no matter how hurt I was right now.

Christian gently lifted my chin with his index finger.

I looked up at him.

He had taken his shades off again, but what I saw now was shocking yet again.

His eyes were their normal dark brown color and they were filled with concern.

I bit my lip, anxious and scared, as I looked at him.

"Y-Your eyes," I whispered, causing Christian to sigh.

"Can we talk about this somewhere else? Please?" His voice was quiet and soft as he spoke.

I bit my lip, trying to decide if I should say yes.

What if this was all just an act and Christian would hurt me all over again?

Right as I thought of that, Christian's eyes filled with sadness and regret.

At first, I didn't understand what had happened, but then, it all dawned on me.

Christian could read my thoughts.

He heard all that.

"Ella...I won't hurt you again. Never. I promise. And...I'm sorry." Christian whispered, looking at me, seeming ashamed.