Chapter 22

ELLA

When I was eating breakfast next Monday morning, the doorbell rang.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

Who on earth could that be?

It's definitely not Tracy, she called me last night to tell me she's sick.

I got up and walked to the door, holding the apple I was eating in my other hand.

I walked to the door and pulled it open to reveal Christian.

A wide smile appeared on my face as I saw him.

I squealed and jumped on him, hugging him tightly.

He chuckled and I immediately felt his strong arms wrap around me, pulling me closer to his chest.

"Hey, Angel." He spoke, pecking my cheek.

I blushed at the feeling of his lips against my cheek.

It gave me this tingly feeling all over my body.

"Hey, Chris."

I smiled, unwrapping my arms from around him.

Now, that I looked at him, I noticed what he was wearing.

He was wearing black jeans that hung as low as usual and a gray hoodie with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

God, he looks just as perfect as always.

He smiled and looked at me with those beautiful dark brown eyes locking on mine.

I giggled and took a bite from my apple, only to have it snatched away from me.

I looked at Christian, who was smirking playfully at me and taking a bite from my apple.

I glared at him and tried to snatch the apple back from him.

But, of course, me being so much shorter than him, that was impossible.

Christian simply laughed and ate the rest of my apple.

I kept trying to snatch the apple away from him the whole time, but obviously failed.

Christian laughed at me, his eyes sparkling.

God, I'd never think he was a Fallen Angel, more like an angel in Heaven.

"You're so mean." I pouted, referring to the fact that he just ate my whole breakfast.

Christian shook his head, still laughing and leaned down to peck my lips softly.

I couldn't hold my glare anymore.

I broke into a huge smile.

"I'm sorry, Angel. I'll make it up to you somehow." Christian winked at me and I just shot him a glare.

There we go again with cocky and pervy Christian...

Lord, give me strength.

I playfully smacked his bicep and walked back into the house to get another apple, only to be pulled back by no other than Christian.

I turned around and looked at him as he smiled down at me while shaking his head.

"You're not getting another apple, Angel." Christian spoke and I cocked my eyebrow up.

"What do you mean? I'm a growing girl. I need to have my breakfast considering you ate mine." I said and shot Christian a playful glare.

He chuckled and spun me around so my back was facing his chest.