Chapter 12

ELLA

I stared at him in absolute shock as his words sunk in my mind. 

I couldn't believe my ears.

Christian basically just told me that he's a demon.

From Hell, that is.

Could I even believe something like that?

I mean, yeah, Christian had told me that he isn't human, but I didn't expect something as shocking as this. I don't know what I expected, but this was some pretty shocking stuff.

Christian looked at me, taking a long drag from his cigarette. His eyes were focused on me, carefully examining every move I'd make.

I bit my lip nervously, not quite knowing what to say. I mean, all kinds of thoughts were swarming around in my mind. 

Why was Christian here, on Earth, if he was from Hell?

"A demon?" I asked, hesitantly.

"Well...not exactly. I'm a Fallen Angel, who ended up in hell."

"Fallen Angel?" I asked, confused, not knowing what that means.

"A Fallen Angel is an angel that has been cast out of Heaven, due to a sin."

"What did you do to be cast out of Heaven?" I asked, curious.

"I'll tell you about that some other time. But, to answer your first question, I was sent up here for a mission." Christian answered, now gazing out of the window.

A mission?

That got me curious.

What kind of mission could he be doing?

I shook the thoughts off, focusing on the news that I just got.

Sure, I did promise Christian I wouldn't be scared, but out of instinct, I was a slight bit scared of Christian.

Just like they say, you're scared of something that's unknown to you.

"That was pretty...um...Well, I guess shocking is the word." I said, gulping slightly.

Christian sighed and nodded, probably trying to keep his cool as he must have read my thoughts.

He knew I was a bit scared of him.

Which was bad because I didn't want him to know.

I hated the fact that he was able to read every single one of my thoughts. That made me feel like I'd constantly have to control my thoughts around him. Just so I didn't think of something stupid that may either embarrass me completely or hurt Christian.

"I know you're scared of me, Ella. You can just say it, you know..." Christian mumbled, his voice barely audible.

He sounded somewhat hurt and fragile as he said that. Like the fact I was scared of him was hurting him somehow.

"I...Of course I'm a bit scared, Christian. I can't really help it." I spoke calmly, trying not to get upset because I didn't want Christian more upset than he maybe already was.

I hated making people upset. That wasn't really my thing.

Christian shook his head as he looked out the window. He tossed his cigarette out the window. He grabbed the steering wheel and started the car again.

I must have upset him, since he's acting like this.

Christian kept his stare on the road as he drove pretty fast towards my house.