🌺Hush (Dabi x Reader)

Requested by badasssavagequeen

    You had a very important quirk. One that hero's and villains had found could be very useful. However, the villains had gotten to you quicker than the hero's, and life for you would never be the same. You were taken from your family when you were just a child, and had quickly been transformed into a villain. Now, you were 17, and had major trust issues with the people in the league of villains. The only person you fully trusted was Dabi, your closest friend, and the only other kid you had been able to grow up with. The only problem that the league of villains faced was that you didn't know how to control your quirk. Almost every time that you used your quirk, you would lose control and more often than not, something would go wrong. Despite you not having control over your quirk, the league still sent you out on a mission. Unfortunately for you, things would not go as planned.

    The mission you had been sent on was assigned to only you and Dabi. We were sent in to capture the son of Bane, a super hero who the league had a major conflict with. No one was intended to get harmed, it was supposed to be a quick in and out mission.

    The two of you snuck down the hallway of the apartment building that he lived in, sneaking glances behind you to make sure no one followed you. As you turned the corner and walked in front of the room you were supposed to find Banes son in, you instead came face to face with the hero himself as he opened the door.

    "Who are you, and what are you doing in front of my apartment ," he asked eyeing the two of you suspiciously walking forward toward the both of you. You and Dabi turned around and ran back but Bane was faster and grabbed you. And that's when you let loose. You were scared and didn't know what to do, so you used your quirk in attempt to stop the hero from taking you in. However, you didn't realize how powerful your quirk was or how much of an effect it would have on the building you were in. You soon found the building collapsing on the group of you... and all the people on the many other floors.

Miraculously, Dabi managed to get the two of you out without too much damage. Unfortunately, the other people weren't so lucky. Even though there was a hero in the building, he solely wasn't able to get everyone out resulting in several casualties and many terribly bad injuries.

"Hey don't worry about it too much, I know your upset but most of the people in the building who lived will make it," Dabi attempted to comfort you. You had been laying on Dabi's leg on top of a different building since the accident. Neither one of you had been harmed, but that couldn't make you stop thinking about all the other people in the building who had gotten hurt or even died. A tear slid down your face at the thought. "Hey I understand that I'm not good at this whole comforting thing but it's okay, your okay, and it was an accident that's all that matters. Your a good person (y/n)," he said.

You looked at your hands as you sat up and said "but I have all of those people's blood on my hands I don't know what to do an-and..." Dabi cut you off.

"Hush," was all he said. He wiped the tears off of your face with his thumb then cupped your cheek. You leaned on his hand and closed your eyes, your bottom lip trembled, but you nodded your head anyway. You eased yourself back down onto his leg and closed your eyes. It had been a long day and you needed some rest. You realized that Dabi was right, you shouldn't get too wrapped up in the thoughts of those people and what they suffered through. You were a villain, and maybe you would finally start acting like one. You smiled and nuzzled yourself on Dabi's leg to get comfortable. He looked down at you blushing before putting his hand on your head and running his fingers down your hair eliminating all the tangles from the rough day you had endured. His next words could perk your mood up even if the worst event in the world went down.

"I love you (y/n), and I want you to know that someone is always going to be here for you." He leaned down and kissed your forehead. Your eyes shot open and you looked at him once more. Tears threatened to spill from your beautiful eyes once again. "No no! Don't cry!" He said worry laced in his voice.

"No these are happy tears. Thank you, and I love you to Dabi." You sat up once more and hugged him to the point where he was almost suffocating.

Although your memories together didn't start off on the best terms, there would be many, many more good and bad memories that the two of you would share.