Bananas-7

Lynn's POV

So the kid can stop time, that means he has to be what the figure meant by others, right? But that dang 's' at the end! There is more of them. Of us. But who the heck are they and how exactly do we find them! "UGH!" I sighed obvious frustration in my tone.

Drew's head jerked in my direction and time sped up again.

"What?" Alex questioned with a look of pure concern on his face. Oh, my god, did you have to be oblivious to EVERYTHING!

"Well for starters we have now found one of the others-" I remarked before Alex cut me off.

"Well, that great we found one of them!" Alex exclaimed the joy washing off his face as glared at him and chuckled audibly.

"That's the thing, Alex," I continued, "We have one of them, what if Zayn and his group of misfit toys have the rest of them? Huh?" That seemed to finally hit home with him.

But before Alex could answer Drew said, "The guy in my dream said there are two others"

Alex's head jerked in Drew's direction as his eyes widened. "What do you mean?" he remarked obviously confused as always. Oh my god is he thick!

Drew then turned to look in my direction and commented: "You had the dream right?"

I nodded in responses while looking at Alex with many questions flowing through my head. He had the dream too right?

Then Alex looked back over at us kicking the dirt below him. "I had a dream with a weird disembodied head, but I'm just surprised that the rest of you had the same dream too," he explained while sitting on a log.

"Wait for just a second," I started moving towards Alex with Drew not far behind, "What if they had the dream also and they are trying to find us right now?"

Drew studied my expression before saying, "The guy said their are three of them so what if they found each other."

"Yeah," Alex said scooching over so we could sit, "But what if they are thinking the exact same thing right now and are waiting for us to go and find them?"

"Good point," I sighed "We should probably get moving just in case that's what happening." I pushed off the log and started walking towards a clearing.

"Wait!" Drew called, "Where are we going to find them?" I stopped and pivoted to face them.

"Yet another vailed point," I declared strolling back to them.

"So," Alex said "Now that we know how many of them there are, we need to know where they are. Anybody happen to dream about that?"

Drew and I both shook our heads as we all pondered what to do next.

"I've got an idea!" Drew shouted pointing up at a tree.

"What?" Alex and I questioned in unison, trying to see what he did.

"Well," Drew started to reply, "We could get those bananas, go to sleep, and think about this again the morning." He looked at us with an expression close to a grimace as if expecting us to scold him.

But instead, I sighed and nodded while Alex mumbled something along the, lines of "sure whatever."

"Just one problem," Drew said, "How are we going to get them?" he turned to me and I just gave him a wide grin.

"Watch and learn," I replied confidently. After those words left my mouth I was standing of one of the branches of the banana tree reaching for a giant bunch. I scurried out a little further onto the skinny branch. Every step I took I could hear a little bit of the branch cracking under my weight. I reached out to grab the bunch, but just as I grabbed the bunch I hear a really loud, SNAP! I was freefalling to the ground at a rapid pace. I closed my eyes hoping that would help what was to come, but nothing happened. I slowly opened my eyes to see Drew and Alex standing next to me.

"Hmmmmmmm," Drew hummed, "still watching better yet learning nothing." He then began laughing like his life depended on it.

"Whatever," I grumbled still clutching the banana's "Just let me down from here!"

"Okay." He said shrugging his shoulders. He then resumed time letting me plummet the five remaining feet to the ground.

See the thing is you never really think falling feet hurt until you do it, so I tried to play it off cool. But the thing is I am a really bad actor. So Drew and Alex had me laying on the ground in less than two minutes. I could hear them munching loudly on their bananas as I sat up and took one too. "Mmmmmmmmm!" I cooed "I still got 'em!"

We all started dying laughing. We finished off all of the bananas in the bunch and then decided it was time to hit the hay. We made makeshift blankets out of leaves and sleep on the ground. It was pretty warm wherever we where so we didn't have to worry about freezing to death, although that would probably be the least of our worries. It had been a while since I had slept so I was really happy to finally be able to rest. I didn't know about Drew but, I did know that Alex felt the same way. Even though I know he is still mad at me I hope he sleeps well. That was my last thought as I drifted into my not-so-peaceful dreamland.