DFY.. Pt 11

Thursday, May 29th

I made this chapter with love guys ☺️. So please excuse the errors, I checked this like three times 🙄.

~

Kehlani Pov

It was around 11:30 in the morning and I just walked into Target for my shift. My cousin, Marissa agreed to watch Ayana today while I'm at work. I walked to the back and clocked in. I saw Symere stacking items on the shelf, so I walked over to him.

" Hey, Symere! " I say. He looked at me with a scrunched up face and took out his headphones.

" What you want? " he asked.

" Have you seen Artist? I've been calling him- " ( GCO )

" First of all, don't come over here like we cool, and second of all, Artist wants nothing to do with you " he says. I stared at him for a minute before laughing. He wants nothing to do with me? Shit, I'm the best thing that ever happened in his life.

" Oh yeah? That's what you think? " I asked as I just smirk at him.

" It's not what I think, it's what I know " he says, and I couldn't help but laugh again. He looked at me with a stink face.

" Oh boy, your funny. I mean we do have our opinions, but if you see Artist, tell him I'm looking for him " before Symere could respond, I walked away to my register number 14. I saw Dexter at his register, on his phone. I don't really like him, so I rarely say anything to him.

" Are you open? " a lady asks as she pushes her cart over to my register. I nod my head.

" Yes ma'am " I say as I began to get scan her items. Once I was done scanning, I place them in the bags neatly then went to check for her price.

" That'll be 13.68$ " I tell her. The lady digs through her bag as I pick up my phone and unlock it. I went to messages and searched Artist name. I knew he wasn't coming in until later. I sent him a quick text before putting my phone away.

" I'm sorry, normally I have the money in my wallet.. " the lady apologizes. I sent her a small smile.

" It's Okay " I gave her back her change and receipt as she pushed her cart away. I can tell today was gonna be a slow day. I check my phone to see that Artist left me on delivered. I signed, I was actually gonna tell him about Ayana but..I guess change of plans.

Maya Pov

" Are you sure you can watch him- " ( GCO )

" Maya, yes! I don't mind, seriously. Besides, you and I both know Dexter is not to be trusted by himself with a baby, let alone his own child " Natasha said, holding Dj in her arms. I signed but it's true. I let Dex watch Dj one time and I came home to find the baby upstairs alone while Dex went out. He claims he forgot he watching Dj. How you forget your child?!

" Thanks again, Natasha " I say giving her a hug.

" No problem, girl. You know I got you and always willing to play daddy " she says making us both laugh. I quickly gave Dj a kiss on the cheek and grabbed my things. I left and jumped in my cab that was already waiting for me. I had a lot of things to do today and it was only 11:45.