Preview

Narrator Point Of View...

Artist sits there on the right side of his mothers hospital bed... Watching as his mother sleeps peacefully as she breathes through a tube. It was one of the most horrifying sight for him to ever lay eyes upon. Seeing his mother in a hospital bed, fighting for her life. His mother had breast cancer for six years, but he never knew it would get this worst. His father never cared for him, his brother, or his mother. His father walked out on them at an early age. Never once looking back. As he got older, his baby brother grew addicted to drugs and came apart of a gang. Artist did everything he could to get his baby brother out, but he never listens. His brother always get into trouble and having to call Artist every time he gets arrested. Artist worries that his brother will slip up one day and get killed. But no matter how stubborn he is, he's always gonna protect his little brother and be there when ever he needs him. And times were Artist has time to him self, he goes to the studio and records his music. In hopes of becoming a rapper and making enough money to support his mother. As of now, working at Target wasn't paying enough for her hospital bills but at least he had a job. Artist does everything in his power to make sure his family is safe and protected. Even if his father wasn't man enough to do it.

Kehlani sat on a bench at a park, watching mothers play with their kids. Kehlani always wanted to be a mother. In hopes of becoming a better mother than her own. At the age of fourteen, her mother was sprung out on drugs and liquor. Her mom would sell every piece of furniture they had to make enough money to buy drugs and liquor. Kehlani never knew her father because her mother would be with a different guy every night. And what came out of that was her. Going to school, she would be embarrassed. Kids would pick and tease at her because of her mother and that any man walking, could be her father. As she grew up and more mature, eighteen year old Kehlani learned to drive and passed her drivers exam. She even got her a job at Target. Every Friday, she makes 124$, which she hides from her mother so she wouldn't spend it on drugs. That's were she met Artist. It was like love at first sight for her. She would watch his every move, the way he talks. Even the way he breathes. She was shy to talk to him until he started talking to her. From that point on, she knew that they would make great friends. Even more, probably. Everyday when Kehlani came home from work, her mothers new boyfriend, Charles would give her seductive looks. Kehlani knew to stay away from him. But it was hard for him to stay away from her. Being that Kehlani had almost a body shape like Nicki Minaj, Charles grew sexually attracted to her and wanted nothing but a quick nut. She even told her mother that Charles would give her sexual looks but she always ignore her and tell her that Charles is nothing but a caring man. But Charles was far from caring. He's only with Kehlani mom for money, drugs, and to have a piece of Kehlani. And soon enough, Charles got what he wanted and beat her mother almost to death. Leaving them with no money for food. He stoled Kehlani's money she been saving up. Even the car she brought. And without a trace, he was gone. Kehlani was left with nothing. Her innocence were taking from her, she don't know who her father is, her mother was sprung out on drugs, and she had no money for food. Until Artist came to her rescue. He found her sitting on his porch with barely any clothes on her. He help her and gave her shelter. Soon the two started to develop feelings towards each other. Which led them into an intimate moment. Kehlani knew he was hers and she was his. So the two became a couple. A couple months later into the relationship, Kehlani been acting weird. Whenever she would catch Artist talking to ANY girl, she became obsessive and protective of him. Making sure to let females know that he was ALL hers. Which led to many arguments. Artist would even catch Kehlani spying on him at times. Or even following him. Which caused him to break it off with her. Kehlani would tell herself that he was just playing or that he needed space. But he was serious. Ever since then, something clicked in Kehlani that made her condition worse. As the years went by, Kehlani would watch and follow Artist around. And still does, leaving Kehlani with a secret she will forever keep until they meet again...