DFY... Pt 17

Aleeyah stands in front of her body length mirror, changing into the sixth outfit. She wanted to look her best for when she met up with Artist. She knew that them meeting up can go two ways; Aleeyah will be able to explain herself and Artist can forgive her or...Aleeyah can explain herself and Artist choose to still be the subborn person he is and not forgive her.

She just hoped for the best because then she can be able to tell him that she has feelings for him. Even though they been away from each other for six years, her feelings towards him never changed. Her mom walks in and leans on the doorway, watching her daughter trip over meeting a boy she knew she liked very much.

Her goal was to not let her daughter be treated by the same man her father was and she knew Artist would take care of her daughter. They were just going through some things.

" You must really be heads over heels for this boy to be changing into that many outfits " her mother laughs. Aleeyah playfully rolls her eyes.

" I'm not head over heels. I just....like him very much " Aleeyah replies, fixing her outfit.

" Uhmmm " her mom says. Aleeyah checked the time which read; 5:00. She knew she had to leave out.

" Are you gonna drive me? " Aleeyah asked her mom. She would've asked her Aunt Tina, but she had a busy schedule today.

" Yea, I'll drive you. I need to get you a car cause this ain't the wave " Her mom says walking out. Aleeyah shakes her head. She had her license from when she lived in Cali, but she never had the time to buy a car. Once Aleeyah got herself together, she grabbed her bags and head downstairs to meet her mother.

" You ready? " Alice asks. Aleeyah nods and they head out the house. They get in the car and drive off.

" What should I make for dinner tonight? I don't want any chicken " Alice asks. Aleeyah shrugs, not knowing the answer to the question.

" I don't know. Spaghetti, maybe? " She suggests. She lowkey had a taste for spaghetti.

" Hm. Okay. You nervous about meeting your boo thang? " Her mother cooes. Aleeyah rolls her eyes, playfully.

" Whatever " she responds.

" You ain't deny it. Uhuhh caught you! You know you can tell me these things if you like him, which I know you do " Aleeyah rolls her eyes at her mother. It was obvious that Aleeyah liked Artist...alot. But she also knows how stubborn he can be when it comes to forgiving someone. Hopefully, he can give her a chance.

Within thirty minutes, Aleeyah and her mother had arrived at Bay Plaza. Surprisingly, the mall was crowded with people shopping on a Sunday. Aleeyah gets out the car after telling her mom she'll text her with details and heads into the mall.

They had decided to meet by the water fountain that was inside the mall. The more Aleeyah walked, the more she knew she was getting closer--the more she became nervous.

Woosah..woosah...woosah. She said to herself as she approches the water fountain. She finds Artist sitting on the side of the fountain on his phone. Butterflies swam through her stomach as she walks closer to him.

" Hey " she speaks out, catching his attention. Artist looks up from his phone to Aleeyah's brown eyes. He stands up, still in his work attire, and slides his phone into his pocket.

" Wassup? " He responds. Just by his normal look on his face intimidated her. Artist didn't even wanna meet up with Aleeyah, but his heart was telling him to....plus he'll never hear the end of it from Dexter and Symere.

" I wanted to talk to you...about why I left a few years back. I feel like you resent me for it " Aleeyah speaks out. Artist just stares at her with the look that says ' Well, continue.. '