Chapter 9; Not home.

As we pulled into our designated parking lot, Erin literally jumped out of the car and started running into the building, fumbling through her bag in search if the security card. By the time she had found it, I had reached the door and had m own ready. As we entered the lift, I started giving her a lecture on how she should act. I reminded her how much they hate obsessive teenyboppers, and girl who invade their privacy. And as hard as it was going to be for her, she had to remain as normal as possible while I was introducing them or she would blow her any chance she could have with him, even if it was only being friends.

As I was telling her all this, I looked at the clock and it was 4:30, 8 and a half hours since I left this morning. Surely he still wouldn’t be in my apartment.

As we got closer and closer to the 75th floor my heart started racing. I wasn’t exactly sure why, but I think it was because if he was still there, what was I going to say?

Due to the apartment being a full floor apartment, the elevator doors opened and you literally walked straight into the main entertaining area. No corridors or no front doors to other apartments. It’s times like these I wish I had a front door, time like these I wish I could press my ear against a door and listen to see if I could hear any movement.

As the door slid open, nothing. Everything was how I left it. I slowly opened my bedroom door to find my bed perfectly made. All the extra blankets neatly folded at the bottom corner of my bed and the cushions placed perfectly at my bedhead. Not even I do that!

All the dishes that were in the sink are gone and everything was spotless. I swear he cleaned the whole apartment.

I could see the disappointment on Erin’s face. Of course she asked if we could go and find him again, or if I had his number. Which make me remember the note I had left him. I quickly ran over to the bench before the other girls had the chance to read it. I told them I was going for a shower and went and read it in my bedroom.

Afternoon beautiful! Of course I remember. I had a great night to, best New Years in a while. I cleaned up all our mess too and thanks a bunch for letting me stay the night. I hope it wasn’t too much hassle and your parents didn’t mind I would love it if we could meet up again. Text me, 0406093412.

Beau. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

As I was reading this, I got butterflies in my tummy and goose bumps. I really wanted to text him but I didn’t want to seem desperate. I really needed to think this through as well. Did I really want to start something with a guy that was famous right before starting my first year at uni? Could I handle all the publicity and hate from stupid little obsessed 12 year olds. I folded the piece of paper and placed in it the top draw of my bedside table.

I thought I told him about my situation of being in Melbourne. Obviously just not the part of being here alone, I mean it is inly natural to assume that my parents would own the apartment and I would live with them. There is still so much I want to share with Beau, but as I lay in the bubble bath just gazing into Docklands harbor, I really don’t want to start something at the moment. It would just create too much drama and I need to be focused.

I decided to tell Ad and Erin that he simply left, and I would not be getting in contact with him to concentrate on my studies and settling properly in my new home. I hadn’t checked my phone since this morning, and surprisingly I had 4 new messages from unknown numbers. As I opened each message I was praying that it wasn’t Beau. I gave my number out to so many people last night, one of them could have been his bestfriend! Thankfully they were all girls that I remember from last night seeing if I wanted to catch up over a coffee and invites out for next weekend. I had finial made some new friends in my new city, and it is safe to say it is starting to feel like home.