Chapter 17; Movies

We chose Project X as the first movie, and then 21 Jump Street for the second. I wasn’t going to have some clique movie date where we watch scary movies, I act scared and he cuddled me which lead to a hook-up. If I we want to hook-up with each other I’m sure we can make it happen ourselves.

As the first movie finished, we hadn’t moved.  We had two single air mattress’s spaced 30cm apart and we hadn’t moved from the mattress. As the movie was on we obviously discussed it and spoke about the best parties we went to. There was some flirting, but nothing to over the top, which made me realize, I think I have just found myself a new bestfriend. I already felt like I could talk to him about anything and he wouldn’t judge. Also being a boy, he would give a different perspective on things than my girlfriends.

Half way through 21 Jump Street, I was so hungry so I decided to make some food. I jumped up and started searching through the pantry to see what we could eat. Every Sunday afternoon, I go onto Woolworths online, buy the groceries and get them delivered and us three girls split the bill. It is a lazy system but it works for us. There was plenty of food so I decided to make Taco’s. As I mentioned earlier, I could still see the movie from the kitchen, and would laugh along with it and talk to Jai.

As it was cooking, he wandered into the kitchen to see what I was cooking, and I must admit it smelt amazing. Before I knew it, he was in the fridge getting out lettuce, carrot, avocado and cheese and started cutting it up and grating it. I couldn’t believe my eyes. In all the years I had lived with my Dad, I have never seen him even touch a knife. Jai even put the oven on to pre-heat for the taco shells. He would definitely make the perfect husband.

As we were serving up the taco’s they looked delicious. Cheese, tomato, onion, carrot, lettuce, avocado, cucumber, sour cream, the taco shell and of course the mince. We were both starving and piled the filling into the shells and began to eat.

Just as we were eating the movie finished. It didn’t become awkward because he started asking me about school; who my friends were, the sexy boys and who I hated. He even kind of guided me to who I did and didn’t want to be friends with. He genuinely seemed like a caring soul.

As I reached my arm out as I signal to take his plate, he pushed it down and returned the gesture and took my plate, rinsed it, and put it in the dishwasher. This kid had been taught well. As he came back over, he brought me a drink and we chose to watch What to Expect When Your Expecting; still on our separate beds.

About 10 minutes into the movie, I decided I needed to go to the toilet, so I started getting up. Just as I was fully upright, strong arms gripped around my shoulders and pulled me back down, but onto the other mattress. After fits of laughter, I realized how we were laying; he was on his back, and I had from my hips up on his stomach laughing into his neck, with his hand on my arse. Once I had calmed myself down, we both took a heavy sigh. It was then he realized where his hand was, and soothingly started to tickle my back.

I lifted my head up to look at Jai because I really needed to pee, like really. As I got up, he playfully hit my arse, and this was the side of Jai that had been hiding all-day; fun and playful. When I got back, he had pushed our air mattresses together, moved all my pillows and blankets over to his side, and made the perfect gap next to him for me to slide under the doonas. I walked back over, slid under the covers and we positioned ourselves in a position similar to before.

I loved how when I was with Jai, I didn’t feel the need to have my hair and make-up to perfection and be wearing the most in fashion clothes that you could purchase; I was in trackies, a singlet with barely any make-up and hair god knows where and we were both happy. I have no clue how Jai feels about all this, like friends cuddle right? I use to cuddle my old boy bestfriend all the time. Is this the start of something new, guess only time will tell.