Chapter 2; The Boys

The blindfold was removed, and I literally felt like dropping to the floor and bursting into tears. In front of me were glass walls and a breathtaking view of the Melbourne city skyline to your right, and Docklands harbor to your left, with my Dad voice ringing through my head ‘I am so proud of you sweetheart’. As a tear rolled down my face, I leapt into his arms and gave him a massive bear hug. There were no words to thank him for this gift. I was standing in the middle of a three bedroom plus study, three bathroom, two story, 69th floor penthouse. Growing up, I had always been well off, with my Dad working hard for his money, but never did I imagine a reward like this. After walking around the apartment and video calling my best friend, it was time to leave back to the hotel, which despite being four stars felt like a dump compared to my fully furnished apartment. Before out flight home the next night, I thought I would squeeze in some shopping at Melbourne central.

Living in a small city, being myself was hard with judgment being thrown in every direction, but being in Melbourne I felt at liberty to be myself. I slipped on my acid wash, ripped skinny jeans, a long singlet with my vans. Threw my hair into a high bun with my raybans and onto the train I hopped.

Shopping in Melbourne was amazing; with my home town only have one tiny shopping centre. I had bags and bags of stuff to lug around, but that wasn’t going to stop me from continuing to shop!

I couldn’t get enough of the shopping, but what occurred next made me even more adamant not to leave.

Dead in my walking path stood the Janoskians; Beau Brooks, Daniel Sahyounie, James Yamounni, Luke Brooks and Jai Brooks.

I completely freaked out and had no idea at all what to do. Any normal girl would have raced over and started begging for a photo, but it just didn’t feel right. I honestly wasn’t that confident. I continued walking, trying not to stare at their glowing faces as I walked past. I must admit, they really are sexier in person. As I was walking past the group, I hear their conversation stop and couldn’t give in to the temptation to look. As I was walking my eyes locked with Jai’s. Not one of those awkward eye contact moments, more a moment of recognition.

I put my head down and continued to walk. I could feel their eye’s burning into my back, which wasn’t a bad thing considering they were the Janoskians.

As I continued shopping, it came to my realization that I just walked straight past the most famous pranksters on YouTube. They were looking at me and all I could do was put my head down and continue to walk. I literally could have kicked myself.

Before I knew it, it was 5:30 and my Dad had called to say he had packed my stuff and he would meet me at the airport.

With this I left Melbourne, only to return in a couple of days.

Would I see the Janoskians again?