Chapter 13; The Party

Extra long chapter guys!

Thanks for reading    :)

4 comments and I will upload again. Any feedback would be awsome

Determined to try and find the group that I belong in, I met Indie at the gate at 8:30 like she requested. I wasn’t exactly sure what it was going to be, but surely it couldn’t be anything bad considering I had only been at the school for a day.

I saw her standing at the gate, so I walked over and she greeted me with a hug. I wasn’t put off by it, I guess that is just her and how she is. She handed me an envelope and told me to open it. As I began to rip open the envelope addressed to me, my phone vibrated.

El: Hay babe. Having so much fun. They have a property with horses and everything. Staying until Saturday afternoon. Love you.

I felt like crying. As much as I wanted the girls to be happy. The last thing I want is to be alone. They were suppose to be there to help me with my school work, gossip about the bitches and the attractive boy, help he stalk their Facebook and help me do my hair of a morning. I guess that was just the way things were going to be.

Opening the envelope, I pulled out a piece of paper folded in half. I opened the piece of paper and it was an invite. Before I could read it, Indie was explaining to me it was one of her friend’s 17th party. It was a house party in one of the inner city suburbs. Not just a shinny, but a proper party with real security and a proper DJ.  After reading the message from Ella, I couldn’t say yes quick enough. I felt bad for Indie. This was kind of revenge at the girls for leaving me, but at the same time it is an opportunity to meet friends and find that ‘group’. I promised myself I wouldn’t fall into my old party ways, but this wasn’t just a party for no reason. There were kids from other school coming as well. Everyone was allowed in until it reached 350 people then after that, you had to have an invite.

For the rest of the week, I continued my school work to make sure I could have a care free weekend. I sat with Laura again on the second day, but after that I sat with Indie. I began to open up to her about my situation, my parents and living by myself. It just felt so natural and she was so open to it all and didn’t judge once. I even invited her over on Thursday night for a cute dinner. I was fitting in with this group. They weren’t massive party girls, but went out every now and again. They focused on their school work which would always come first. They were interested in fashion and gave me the heads up on all the boys at school. I had only been a friend with these girls for a number of days but I already felt like I was fitting in. They were the kinds of girls that were friends and liked by everyone; from the populars, to the nerds.

At Friday lunchtime, Indie spilt to the rest of the group that I lived on my own. I mean, it wasn’t a secret, but it wasn’t something I wanted everyone knowing. We decided to have pre-drinks at mine on Friday night. I was totally cool with this and thought it was another opportunity to build my friendship with these girls.

I raced to the shops on Friday afternoon to get some nibbleys and the alcohol. Due to the fact that I had the fake id, I bought all the alcohol. There were 9 girls in the group, which made 10 including me. I bought 2 bottles of vodka for shots and then a carton of UDL’s and a carton of Smirnoff Double Blacks. I knew it was too much alcohol, but it never hurts to keep some in the house. I got home at about 4:15 and jumped into the shower. We arranged that they would come dressed, but we would do our hair and make-up together. Between me, Ella and Erin, we had three straighteners, 4 curlers and 2 three barrel curlers and ample hairspray and bobbypins. I could feel it already that tonight was going to be a good night.

Just as I got out the shower the intercom started ringing. So I guess I was in the bath a little longer than I intended, so I wrapped myself in a towel and raced for the door. I pressed accept and on the screen I saw the girls excitedly standing outside. I pressed the security button, which opened the door for them and in they walked. I swear I even heard a few little screams.