Chapter 4; Melbourne

Thankyou to everyone who is reading! I know it is taking a while to get into the story but I have to do character buiding and set the scene. 

Please please please give me feedback and idea's! 

Please follow me on Tumblr; everythingjanoskian.tumblr.com

Much love          xo 

‘Attention passengers, this is your captain speaking. We are approximately 45 minutes from landing in a very cold, windy and wet Melbourne. In Melbourne, it is currently 11 degrees, with 40km/hour wind gusts and moderate to heavy rain blanketing the entire city. We ask you to return to your seats and fasten your seatbelts in precaution for the possible rough weather to come. Please enjoy the rest of your flight and thank-you for flying Virgin Airlines’

 Ella, Erin and I all stared at each other will a look of astonishment on our faces. We had just left Mackay where it was full sunshine, 29 degrees and a cooling breeze. Now I come to think of it, the bikini’s, mid-drift tops and short denim shorts I packed definitely aren’t the type of clothing I will be needing in Melbourne! Just a week ago when I was in Melbourne leggings and a sweater was more than enough but goes to show how quickly the weather can change! I guess that means more shopping!

 ‘Attention passengers, this is your captain speaking. We are now minutes from landing so I ask everyone to remain in their seats, fasten their seat belts and ensure all window shades are up as we will experience a rough landing. I hope you have enjoyed your flight with Virgin Airlines Australia’.

 One again, Ella, Erin and I all turned to face each other, this time with a look of excitement and anticipation plastered over our face. Nothing would be able to prepare us for the days, weeks, months and even years ahead, but this was the very start.

 The landing was quite bumpy due to the horrid weather and the captain could have given a better warning of the weather! I had never been in weather like it. Not one piece of hair remained where I had hair sprayed it that morning, the rain pelted like tiny needles hitting our skin making my mascara and eyeliner run, and worse of all, the cold hit you like a brick wall, with instant goose bumps on every single centimeter of your body. Thankfully, our luggage was pulled off the plane relatively early so we weren’t waiting around the terminal for a very long time. I saw our bags and my beloved guitar role out one by one so we headed to the doors, and on to our taxi.

 The drive to the apartment was only 20 minutes away and despite the pouring rain, the sights through the city were breath taking. The skyscrapers, the business people in the black suits running to work with their black umbrella’s, a traffic jam with yellow taxi after yellow taxi, the car parks 20 storeys high. We had seen all of this before, but the realization that this would become part of our everyday life was so surreal. Before long we had arrived at the Eureka Skytower; our new home.

 Swipe, the doors open. Swipe, the lift door open. Swipe, the 69th floor was selected. After what seemed like forever in the lift, the doors slid opened and there, right before our eyes were out new home, a place to make our own. We were unable to even open a window due to the intensity of the wind and rain outside. We could literally feel the building gently swaying underneath us. 

Within minutes, we had chosen our rooms and were unpacking our belongings. 3 out of 4 walls in my bedroom (the other wall backed onto the apartment kitchen) had glass windows that extended from the roof to the floor,  at 180 degree views over the bay and the Yarra river. It was truly breathtaking. One of the glass walls had narrow louvers in them so you could get fresh air without the risk of falling!

 I had my own ensuite with a spa bath in the corner, surrounded by glass walls to take in the view, as well as a TV in the roof! This sure was something. I even had a button next to my bed to put the complete blackout shutters down so my room was transformed into instant darkness.

 Over the next couple of days we had to go shopping for literally everything! From groceries shopping, to cutlery and dinner set shopping, to towel shopping! It truly makes you realize how much effort goes into making a house your home. With all the hype of moving,  I totally forgot about the envelope that my friend Brayden had given me back at the airport. It wasn’t until he called me on the fifth day that I raced into my room, into my side draw and teared open the letter.

 Falling out of the ripped envelope were three fake ID’s; Addisyn Bate, Erin Thorpe and Ella La Vista, all now 18 years of age!